Pasta confusion

Options
n9bwyrssvt
n9bwyrssvt Posts: 5 Member
So I weighed out 150g of dry pasta then obviously cooked it and it becomes 300g. Do I chart it as 150g dry or 300g cooked???
Thanks

Answers

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Either one should be the same calories and macros. Good job weighing it, though. I think that's a key to accurate logging.
  • n9bwyrssvt
    Options
    That’s the problem, uncooked is massively lower than cooked, unless I’m looking at it wrong. I’m strict on weighing everything, what’s the point in not.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 460 Member
    edited May 1
    Options
    Lots of people don't weigh. They measure. Very different outcomes.

Go with what's on the box. Is it different on the box?
  • n9bwyrssvt
    Options
    That makes sense, problem is I have it here for my lunch at work already prepped 🥹
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,439 Member
    Options
    You need to use database entries for either dry or cooked pasta. Dry pasta comes in at around 360kcal per 100gr pasta. Cooked pasta absorbs water and hence the calories per 100gr are lower (but the calories for the pasta is still the same). I would go with dry because the weight of the cooked pasta depends on how long it was cooked and how much water was absorbed.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Dried pasta weight. Now, if you're cooking liquid isn't water, then you'll have to account for the values in whatever you cooked it in.