Quickly changed metabolism??

Options
Wow... I think something's happened to my metabolism like from one hour to the next!
I've been on this MFP for a week approx, and for a few days now I've been realy frozen on my fingers and feet... until(!) suddenly yesterday, I was just watching TV, when I suddenly started to swet like mad!! And today, I'm getting all warm and swetty from just taking out of the dishwasher, and the little walk to the post office and back made me rly wet!! :noway:

Anyone who knows why this is and if I'm maybe losing weight too fast or something? Lost around 4 pounds/2 kg in a week, shouldn't think that was fast rly... :ohwell:

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like it has anything to do with weight loss.
  • AlionaWise
    Options
    You'd better check your tiroid fucntions, hormons disbalance may produce it. This is not a weight loss for sure. After all, you might have your periode weaves.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I see you just gave birth 4 months. I remember for me, my body went through alot of hormonal changes for the first six months. I felt like I was in what people describe as menopause with hot flashes, mood swings, etc. But it evened out after awhile. If you are breastfeeding or recently stopped, that too will make a difference. If it continues, I would call your OB/GYN and see if maybe follow up blood work would be useful.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It could just be your hormones changing or it could be an overactive thyroid. We've suddenly got unseasonably warm weather here too and I remember when my little ones were babies I didn't tolerate sudden changes in temperature very well. If you start to have palpitations too or anything else that worries you or if this doesn't settle down in a couple of days, I would see your doctor just to make sure it's not an overactive thyroid or anything else. Also a lot of people find they lose a lot at the start of a weight loss programme so it might just be that. See the doctor if you are worried.

Congrats on your weight loss so far.
  • kh79
    kh79 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks all!
    I so easily forget that I gave birth 4 months ago, seems like forever, and WITH that, I also forgot how it is to starting my period since I just recently got it back and I'm supposed to get it in a few days. I'm guessing it's just that... silly meeee!!!!! :laugh:

Now I'm not worried anymore lol, I just guess I'm in a new-baked-mom-daze or something haha.

Sooo great to have u all! Thx again :happy: