Does anyone do Weight Watchers?

Options
I just started doing Weight Watchers yesterday, and as well as counting the Pro Points I'm also going to log what I eat on here, as I am really interested to see how the points translate to calories and fat!

Yesterday I had 29 pro points (my allocated allowance) and that totaled 1111 calories and 31g fat. I've planned what I'm eating today and that also totals 29 pro points, but this time it's only 928 calories and 34g fat.

I'm sure it will even out as some days my 29 points will equate to over 1200 calories I imagine.

Does anyone else do Weight Watchers pro points?

Replies

• MaryMary1011
    Options
    Oh and feel free to add me as a friend if you do :)
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Are pro points the same as the Points Plus? I have done that and it works, but I guess I prefer counting cals. I never really counted both at the same time to see the difference. I really like this site best.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Nah. I don't see the point. I'd rather count calories. It's one less arbitrary conversion and it's free!
  • lovinwhoiam
    lovinwhoiam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on weightwatchers great program I started on March 30th 2011 weighed 210. I am at 159. I am 5'5 have 3 kids I am 38 years old I have not seen this weight 4 ever.I went from size 18 I am in a size11 now I want 2 get down to 135 pounds.The program really works.I really like the new weight watcher plus program i think it is a lot better then the weight watcher program befor.
  • betfos
    betfos Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have done ww before my last baby and lost weight and loved it. It helped me more to go to a meeting vs doing it online. They have moved the ww meetings further away and with 4 kids and work I decided to try this to see how it goes but I really feel it it close to being the same in many ways.

Good luck.:smile:
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I started Weightwatchers online 18 months ago and just did not like it. I never really engaged in the forums on there so that might have been some of it but for me it was a waste of money. I felt it was unsustainable as I felt I was 'on a diet' rather than starting a life change towards being healthy. Unnecessarily complicated compared to just logging food and counting cals on here. And this is FREE!
  • Pud90
    Options
    Once you get used to it, it seems to work wonders... I've lost 12 pound in three weeks (which yes is a lot but first weight losses usually are and it'll settle down to a slow place very shortly).

I've been following my food on here too and it's interesting how it differs on a daily basis.

I've added you as a friend too. Good luck :smile: x
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I did try WW but couldn't get the hang of counting points.......Now, if they had something like MFP then maybe I would have stayed with it.....But them MFP is free.................
  • lucyrose_
    lucyrose_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been doing WW for 4 months now and have been up and down, so I have decided to quit and come on here because I've heard so many success stories (also, the free thing helps!!) It just boils down to personal preference and also, it just works for some people and not for others! I personally am enjoying seeing where my calories/fat/carbs are going :)
    Pro Points are calculated by the protein, carbs, fat and fibre contents so calories isn't taken into consideration. The more fat and carbs in something, the higher the Pro Point, that's why you've seen a fluctuation in your Pro Points - calories in the last couple of days. GOOD LUCK!! :)
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I used to but canceled my membership last month. I like MFP better. Props to you for logging points AND calories. That would be too much for me. I'd be kind of curious to find out the equivalent in calories for how I used to eat and in pro points for how I eat now. Couldn't be bothered yet though to actually find out, hah.
  • 25Gigi
    25Gigi Posts: 9
    Options
    I have started and stopped WW so many times, but I always go back to it. I started again yesterday. I downloaded the apps on my iphone, but I haven't started going to any meeting yet. I am so impressed by your loss. Please tell me, what attributed to your successful loss in such a short amount of time. I am truly inspired by your story. We are close to the same weight and height.
  • 25Gigi
    25Gigi Posts: 9
    Options
    I just started on MFP today and also went back to WW yesterday. I want to lose this 50 pounds so badly. Does anyone have any tips to share. I know journaling is the key, which is something I can't seem to master. Hopefully the app I downloaded will help.