Dr. Phil was Right!

Options

Replies

• kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!
    It was really eye opening for me, because it really is true that as soon as you find what you gain from being overweight, and see it for what it really is, it has no more power.
    For me, I've been hiding. I'm scared to lose weight because then I think I'll have a greater chance of having of being in a serious relationship. But after reading this I stopped and thought about things. I have skinny friends who can't find a boyfriend for anything, and I've known many overweight girls to get married. Weight has so little to do with it -- what was I thinking?
    Naturally, I'll have to face this. But as long as I don't let it hold me back in all ways, I can stat to move forward again. It's a new day!
  • MeggieLoveday
    Options
    Soul searching can be really hard sometimes, especially when you have to look at yourself and identify that You(I) am the problem not the world. I too have been soul searching and found that 'worthiness' came up as an issue. Im not 'fat' or overweight per say but I would love to budge a few kgs. In looking at myself I realised that the reason I hold onto the extra baggage was because I dont feel worthy in myself. I dont want acknowledgement from others because its much safer to stay in a place where you're protected.

Loved your post!
    Keep working on yourself because it will only make your world and the world more beautiful. Change starts at home.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Dr. Phil..psh. All he done is get on TV while so many other Psychologists do not get the chance. If he is so awesome...Why is Oprah still heavy? All he is doing is repeating that which MANY MANY MANY have said before. Learn to SEE life. Become aware of Who you are and what the choices are that you make.

OK, off that soap box............The eye opening is AWESOME! I am very happy for you...I just dont like Dr. Phil
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed your post, however don't refer to your new way or eating as dieting is placing yourself for failure, think of it as a life journey, one to be healthy and it control! I wish you all the best
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    You write so well, I would read a book if you wrote it! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
    Dr. Phil..psh. If he is so awesome...Why is Oprah still heavy?

I just dont like Dr. Phil
    agreeance. Dr. Phil himself could easily lose about 30 pounds, where has his aha Oprah moment been?
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    Wondrous writing do you blog your transformation?
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Nice.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You do like to write, don't you?
    I def. come from a long line of weird food messages. something great happen? have a treat. sad? have a treat. bad day? have a treat. work hard? have a treat. mad? have a treat. How could that be the answer to everything???

Add to that some warped body image issues (thought I was fat when I was thin, thought I was fine when I was really obese) and (I like having the lesser attention from men while I am bigger) and waa-laa you get me. :p
  • Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Nice story!

Be well ! ;)
  • littlemisskitty24
    Options
    Wow...what a post, an absolute pleasure to read and a great insight into so many people's reasons for why they have a relationship with food.

Thank you for taking the time to post that, it definitely has made me think about a few things.
    Good luck with the journey and I hope the weight keeps falling off. :smile:
  • judykay05
    Options
    Thanks! Looking forward to reading this later...which of his books did you read BTW?:flowerforyou:

The book was "The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution: 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom." (Dec, 2004). I don't know that I would recommend, afterall I never did finish it!
  • missjessica83
    Options
    When the student is ready the master will appear it doesnt matter that you didnt finish the book you gained the insight you needed and took it forward :) well done i wish you every success :)
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    What a wonderful post! Thanks so much for sharing your story and inspiring all of us. I'm looking forward to your future posts as you continue toward a healthy weight for you.:flowerforyou:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    When the student is ready the master will appear it doesnt matter that you didnt finish the book you gained the insight you needed and took it forward :) well done i wish you every success :)

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:This is so NICE!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

What a beautiful story and well written, my friend!!
    I have a "journal" that I have written about my "aha" moments in and a LOT of it is like yours.

I am a Dr. Phil fan and while he got me started on looking inside of myself for answers to my weight issues, it was Geneen Roth and her wonderful books that really got me into motion and to make changes.

I know how hard and painful it was for you to "go back" and re-experience your life, now as a spectator, but it is sooo worth it!!:flowerforyou:
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! R U sure your not me lol! That is great. You know even on the Biggest Loser they get to the heart and soul of things. It is us. We are the ones causing this obesity in us and we are passing it down to our family. I have 4 children, 1 is grown and is not overweight and I took a conscious effort for her not to obese. She is a beautiful 22 yo. I have 3 younger children, 2 that have a tad bit of a weight issue and 1 that potentially could have one.

Thanks for the post! I normally don't read long posts but well worth the read and how much of an eye opener it is!!!!!
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We call certain foods "comfort" foods but how comforting are they? The make us feel miserable and we hate ourselves after we indulge in them.

We can do other things to break these strides like workout (which after I workout I feel alive and rejuvenated). I feel good when I don't have fatty foods running through my blood.

I think we just need to reprogram our minds and our way of thinking about food.

Its funny I can tell people how to eat, but then look at me like then WHY don't you do it! I have been soul searching for years to why I am fat. I think for me my dad and I never had a great relationship and he couldn't stand me being overweight. He never said nothing but he was a guy who loved to workout and until the day of his death he was a muscle bound guy. BUt I think the only way to get back at him was for me to be fat! GO FIGURE! How does that hurt him? IT DOESN'T!!!!! It hurts me! WOW I have always "thought" this but never put it down on paper! Its an eye opener for sure to see it written down. I think I may just go buy a journal this weekend and start writing in it!

Thanks!

I know Im rambling so I will stop!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm so happy for you hun !
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    So Happy for you.. I really enjoyed reading this.. :) Keep going :)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I love that you have taken the time to figure yourself out. Soooooo many people don't bother to try. So many people don't know how or expect quick answers to themselves. So many people stop at the superficial. I'm impressed with what you've done. And, Judykay, you're an excellent writer.
  • judykay05
    Options

For me, I've been hiding. I'm scared to lose weight because then I think I'll have a greater chance of having of being in a serious relationship. But after reading this I stopped and thought about things. I have skinny friends who can't find a boyfriend for anything, and I've known many overweight girls to get married. Weight has so little to do with it -- what was I thinking?
    Naturally, I'll have to face this. But as long as I don't let it hold me back in all ways, I can stat to move forward again. It's a new day!

I know what you mean about hiding. I have been heavy and I have been thin, and I have also used my fat as a shield of armour. I am working on a blog explaining why it didn't work for me. I'm gonna post it soon if you are interested.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!