How do you organize your recipes?

Options
I know this may seem like a dumb question...but I have so many recipes from all over the place (websites, MFP, books, magazines, family, friends...etc.). I just want to be able to organize and categorize them so I can find them easily. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks!

Replies

• blondechic213
    Options
    I re-type all my recipes in Word, then I print them on multi colored paper and store them in sheet protectors in a 3 ring binder. My book is pretty big now, but its so much easier to have the same format throughout instead of having every page look different. Plus, I usually alter my recipes and its so much easier for me to type them the way I like them instead of trying to remember when I come across a recipe from a different source. Also, when you print the recipes yourself, you can make your own categories. I have sections for breakfast, lunch, dinner, sides, dips and desserts. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have old-fashioned recipe cards that I transcribe everything to. I think I do it for the sentimental value, since my mom had all of her recipes on cards like that too. The idea above about word sounds really great. I have a big recipe book from college now, and they would fit in well there :D
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I have one of those 5-section notebooks...

1.) Sauces/Rubs/Marinades
    2.) Poultry/Seafood
    3.) Beef/Pork/Roasts
    4.) Soups
    5.) Vegetables/Sides/Starters
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I also have begun to accumulate quite a few recipes! I was wondering how to organize them as well
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Use tabs in a notebook.

Have one for Main Dishes, Appetizers, Snacks, Drinks, Desserts (can't forget that one), Misc...
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I re-type all my recipes in Word, then I print them on multi colored paper and store them in sheet protectors in a 3 ring binder. My book is pretty big now, but its so much easier to have the same format throughout instead of having every page look different. Plus, I usually alter my recipes and its so much easier for me to type them the way I like them instead of trying to remember when I come across a recipe from a different source. Also, when you print the recipes yourself, you can make your own categories. I have sections for breakfast, lunch, dinner, sides, dips and desserts. Hope this helps. Good luck!

I agree with the re typing idea. It makes things much easier :)
  • ibpammy
    ibpammy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I either print directly from the site, or copy and paste into word then print. All my recipes are stored in 3 ring binders with dividers to organize appetizers, salads, soups/stews, slow cooker, chicken, pasta, etc. Very basic, but it works for me.
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have an online cookbook with a lot of my recipes in it, still working on it. :smile:

http://claudiasrecipes.weebly.com/