Hello!

Options
I just started to us myfintesspal and going back to the gym. My husband and I stopped eating anything with high fructos corn syrup in it 4 months ago. Since, we stopped he's lost 37 pounds. I've only lost a pound or two. I know it's because I need to exercise more. This week is my first week back to the gym. Does any one have any suggestions cardio workout routines?

Replies

• efrosinip
    Options
    Hi I am new here too. I just started kettlecise and zumba dancing workouts and they are fantastic. If you want to lose fat you must do cardio exercise and once the fat is down start building up lean muscle (women do not get bulky doing weights unless they are bodybuilders), by adding weights. In my case I will in a few weeks up the weight of the kettleball I am using during kettlecise.
    I hope this helps. Keep us updated :happy:
  • rhonda999
    rhonda999 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and it is great cardio exercise!
  • dlc2406
    Options
    Hello there,

I too have just joined, and have started at the gym, i find that cross trainers and steeper machines are good for burning calories, also Zumba is a fun way of burning calories and having fun!!! I think that you have to incorporate fun with exercise as it can get boring. Good luck :happy:
  • skinee4life
    skinee4life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am doing a bit of running, and a cardio/core class (which is killer btw). I am just starting back to the gym to get some weight workouts in.
  • cdys2011
    Options
    Hey!

Don't think you're in Australia (as you said pounds, not kilos!) but two great classes I do are body pump and body attack, they are all over the world so I'm sure they are at your gym. Body attack is said to burn up to 800 calories per class (depending on body fat, level of fitness etc) but even extremely fit people burn about 350 - 400 calories per class. Pump is a bit lower on burning calories, about 400 or less per class (depending on the level of your weights etc). I have been doing three attack classes a week and two pump. This gives a good balance of cardio and strength training. I wouldn't do anymore than 4 pump classes a week though as it can be a strain on your body!!

Last year I lost 7kgs (and put about 4 back on, hence why I have joined myfitnesspal). This was done through bootcamp, and not the scary army guy screaming at you type of bootcamp, but a genuinely really fun group exercise regime three days a week for 6 weeks. Combine this with a good diet (no alcohol) and you will shed the kilos (or pounds) off!!

Try the attack and pump classes, and see how they go, otherwise see if there is a local bootcamp near you, they are a great workout and heaps of fun too.

Good luck - keep us posted!