Fasting, help

Options
Man I'm hungry. Has anyone survived fasting before? How did you do it? Did you drink lots of water?

Replies

• SGrensberg
    Options
    What is the point in fasting? I have never done it but I would imagine drinking a lot of water would help just a bit to curb the hunger! But seriously, what is the benefit of fasting?
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Are you fasting for medical reasons or are you doing IF?
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Drinking water helps or at least it does for me. How long are you fasting for and for what purpose?
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    my cousins fasted for like, 6 weeks. basically didn't eat, just juiced. they lost soooo much weight, their skin was horrible, hair looked like garbage, had no energy, and were cranky all the time, and they gained it all back when they went back to eating.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Definitely not fasting by choice. I like food way too much. I have a medical procedure scheduled for tomorrow that requires it.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Can you have jello or gatorade? Soup?
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    tbh there's no miracle tip, you just have to suck it up and get on with it. If it's only one day you're just gonna have to rely on good old fashioned will power
  • jg627
    Options
    Can you have jello or gatorade? Soup?
    As long as it's not red, blue or purple... unfortunately my wife thought I said the opposite and brought home a bunch of blue Gatorade last night. Doh
    I can has chicken broth
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I would drink up that broth. It isn't going to fill you up, but it might give you satisfaction for a little while.
  • jg627
    Options
    I would drink up that broth. It isn't going to fill you up, but it might give you satisfaction for a little while.
    I was actually thinking about doing something insane like chugging a bottle of real lemon juice and posting it on youtube... might as well try and have some fun with this while I'm at it.
  • jg627
    Options
    I did the lemon juice chug. That was interesting. I have pics too if anyone is interested. Kroger brand real lemon juice from concentrate. That's the good stuff.
  • jg627
    Options
    I survived 40 hours of fasting and now I just nomnomnomed on oatmeal, peanut butter, sausage and milk and every bite tasted gooooood.