Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Space to reflect

Options
I would like to see a space at the end of each day where we “write”/put down our thoughts how we feel, what went well and what didn’t. This way we can look back a specific days choices and see how we thought previous.
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    There are spaces for food notes and exercise notes in the diary. We can write anything we want to write in them, it doesn't have to be just exercise/food.

Is there some limitation in how those work that make them unsuitable to you for this purpose?

Note: I don't work for MFP. I'm just a regular user like you.
  • Dar1970
    Dar1970 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I must be missing it because I don’t see where I can type in anything. Also I am thinking something that goes on my daily log. Still new to the app so any help is appreciated!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Dar1970 wrote: »
    I must be missing it because I don’t see where I can type in anything. Also I am thinking something that goes on my daily log. Still new to the app so any help is appreciated!

It helps folks help you if you say what version of MFP you're using, i.e., whether it's the phone/tablet app (and whether Apple or Android), or web browser MFP.

I'll start with the phone/tablet app. I use Android. Some functions are different between Apple and Android, but I think this one should be very similar or exact.

On your food diary page, scroll down to the bottom until you see this page. (Red mark I added.)
    xs48v9dwdur1.png

Click on the Notes button that is circled. That should bring up this box on the screen:
    if2dgj81s5gg.png

Click on one or the other option. I clicked "Food Notes". That will bring up a page that looks like this:

2b7ezjsykzr5.png

You can type your notes in there, then click the check mark.

On the web browser version of MFP, start on your food diary (or exercise diary) page. (I'm using food diary as the example.) Here, too, scroll down near the bottom. You should see the box that I have circled:
    t88ss7fsn2y4.jpg
    Click the "Edit Note" that my red arrow is pointing to. That will make it possible for you to type in the box, and change the text (at my red arrow) to "Save Note". Type in whatever you want, then click "Save Note".

I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't, please feel free to ask follow up questions. (Like I said, it would help to know which version of MFP you're doing, so I don't need to describe both.)

If you don't have those boxes, or they don't work, your best bet would be to open a support request through the MFP Help link. If there's a software problem, I'm sorry to say I can't help with that, because I'm just a normal MFP user like you . . . just one who's been here a bit longer. :)

Best wishes!

• Dar1970
    Options
    Thank you, I don’t realize that was an option and just kept scrolling right by it.
  • Dar1970
    Options
    Also, I do have an iPhone, once a recipe has been created. Is there a way to go back in and see the recipe or tweak ingredients?
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 742 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dar1970 wrote: »
    Also, I do have an iPhone, once a recipe has been created. Is there a way to go back in and see the recipe or tweak ingredients?

Yes! Please see this FAQ for more information on how to edit your Recipes.