Carnivore way of life

Options
Are there any others on here that are eating a mostly carnivore diet? I’m eating meat, eggs, and cheese, limited veggies.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,161 Member
    Options
    What you eat sound a lot like what my Keto diet is made up of. There are some Keto and Low-Carb Groups in the Groups section that, while not super active, do have a lot of useful information.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,968 Member
    Options
    Actually saying you eat some limited veg, is basically a ketogenic diet, which is the type of diet I'm on as well. Is this just a diet your jumping on because of recent hype or is it for therapeutic reasons, just curious.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    The Buff Dudes did Carnivore for 30 days and made a video about it. When they are shopping, there's a graphic that says to eat "snout to tail" but they should have spent a lot more time on this, IMO. By eating organ meats and offal, you'll get some of the nutrients lacking in a strict carnivore (no vegetable) diet. https://truorganicbeef.com/blogs/beef-wiki/organ-meats-and-nose-to-tail-eating-guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4OmsKEWC10&t=7s

If you're getting @ 20-50 grams of carbs due to eating veggies, your way of eating would be more accurately described as Keto.
  • neanderthin
    edited November 2023
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    The Buff Dudes did Carnivore for 30 days and made a video about it. When they are shopping, there's a graphic that says to eat "snout to tail" but they should have spent a lot more time on this, IMO. By eating organ meats and offal, you'll get some of the nutrients lacking in a strict carnivore (no vegetable) diet. https://truorganicbeef.com/blogs/beef-wiki/organ-meats-and-nose-to-tail-eating-guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4OmsKEWC10&t=7s

If you're getting @ 20-50 grams of carbs due to eating veggies, your way of eating would be more accurately described as Keto.

I really like the truorganicbeef website, a good one. Cheers!
  • VeebsKale
    VeebsKale Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do a ketovore diet that is mostly animal-based foods. I do use herbs and spices in my cooking and occasionally onions and garlic. I've been eating this way for seven months and I've healed a host of issues that plagued me for years. Before keto, I did low carb for half a way with IF and before that I ate a mostly vegan diet for 13 years. I feel so much better now and will never go back to grains, legumes and vegetation.
  • neanderthin
    edited November 2023
    Options
    VeebsKale wrote: »
    I do a ketovore diet that is mostly animal-based foods. I do use herbs and spices in my cooking and occasionally onions and garlic. I've been eating this way for seven months and I've healed a host of issues that plagued me for years. Before keto, I did low carb for half a way with IF and before that I ate a mostly vegan diet for 13 years. I feel so much better now and will never go back to grains, legumes and vegetation.

I've been listening to n:1 experiences as part of my research on carnivore for the last 3 or 4 years and probably heard well over 100 and a very popular scenario are people that were vegan for years, then switched to carnivore and many were vegan influencers that had some pretty big subscription followers. It didn't go over very well, to say the least. Anyway, I'm not surprised and I hope your doing well.
  • ljkellu
    ljkellu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have recently started what I would call ketovore but more toward carnivore. I use spices that many strict carnivores won't use. I am working up to include organ meats, but have not gotten there yet. I also include LMNT electrolytes and some varieties have a small amount of stevia. I'm ok with that. For me this is a path to fight RA and chronic inflammation, not a contest to see who can eat the most strict!
  • freerangefoxes
    freerangefoxes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 16 of carnivore. I have lost 16.8 lbs so far. My reason why is to is lower my inflammation. I have Hashimoto’s and my TPO (thyroid peroxidase antibodies. Basically the markers that say you have autoimmune disease) is extremely high. My goal is to get the inflammation numbers down to normal levels and have blood re-tested in a few months.
  • need2move2
    need2move2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Meat heals!!! My life is great.. it keeps my crohns in check!