Appliance Talk

Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
If you were forced to give up one of the following for a year, which one would it be:

1. Washing Machine
2. Dryer
3. Microwave
4. Oven
5. Cooktop
6. Dishwasher.

Discuss. And show cleavage.

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    Dishwasher since that is me.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Dishwasher. I've probably used mine three times in the past two years. I hate them. And I can't show you cleavage, because this photo of me was taken too long ago.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    microwave is convenient, but i could do without it.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    microwave. i learned to cook on a stove so thats not an issue.. i'm actually probably one of the few people that can burn stuff in a microwave...

i wouldn't ever give up the dishwasher i hate washing dishes.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    microwave, hands down. That thing is NOT necessary AT all. Everything should be cooked on the stove or in the oven.
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177

... show cleavage.

You truly made me laugh out loud. :smile:

oh..and dishwasher...I haven't had one in 5 years so easily given up...after that probably microwave, I really don't use it that often.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    microwave, hands down. That thing is NOT necessary AT all. Everything should be cooked on the stove or in the oven.

LOL, I don't even have one.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Dryer. Never used one until I got to college and I would have no problem going back to hanging clothes on a clothesline.
  • Dishwasher - mine broke down 3 weeks ago and I've come to the conclusion that I've never needed it to begin with.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    I don't get what your saying? I mean give up my wife for a year?

I guess I'd give up the microwave then.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Definitely microwave...some things are just better eaten cold, and for the rest there's a stove or oven.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    I would give up the appliance - Dishwasher

Because when I got married my hubby and I agreed that I would do the laundry and he would do the dishes...
  • kayelrick
    kayelrick Posts: 31 Member
    can I give up something I don't have ? Dishwasher and Dryer . . .
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Dryer - it uses masses of expensive energy and clothes smell better dried au naturel!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Dishwasher, I have one, haven't used it in over two years :X
    I could also give up microwave. I've gone without for over a year before.
    My washer and dryer on the other hand gets run 2-3x a day.....I'd be helpless without it!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Microwave.

( ^ ) ( ^ )
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    #1 Microwave
    #2 Dishwasher

I rarely use my microwave as it is, I could throw it away and probably only miss the convenience of microwave popcorn. The dishwasher I have came with my house and it doesn't do the best job and I keep wanting to buy a new one since doing dishes and vacuuming are my two least favorite chores! lol

I would also love to give up my dryer and in the spring I hope to! A clothes line is on my "want" list.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Oven. i only use it for holiday meals and the occasional costco pizza. maybe four times a year.

after that, dryer. i don't use mine in the spring/summer/fall unless it's raining. keeps energy costs WAY down.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Dishwasher - I have dogs. :bigsmile:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    microwave.................. I can cook on the stove and oven when ever needed?