Criticized for being on MFP a lot?

Options
quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
I absolutely LOVE MFP...as I'm sure most of the people here do. It gets on my nerves how some of my friends (and family) react to me being on here. When they see me log on, I get the eye rolls, loud sigh, smacking lips....really?!

Is this happening to anybody else?

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    No, but I'm sure my boss would if he knew. :embarassed:
  • heatherdykes
    heatherdykes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my kids do, but everybody else is fine with it. Some people just can't handle it when we try to improve ourselves.
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My husband gives me a hard time and my kids especially when I use my iphone app when we are out. My answer..."well, it works and don;t knock a good thing..." Keep it up!!
  • LovesNoodles
    Options
    whatever! haters gonna hate ;)

Most people I tell are super interested and want to learn more about MFP...
    My boyfriend is SUPER supportive when he sees me logging because he knows how important my goal is...

I think those people criticizing you might be a bit jealous of your success in losing 24 lbs so far :D
  • peterkin923
    Options
    Do not let anyone steal your joy. Keep doing what is best for you. Good luck : )
  • chocolattahottie
    Options
    tell em to shove it...

I get it sometimes... but it's from the same people who could afford to lose a few pounds themselves.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I used to log onto another fitness site daily.

I have a routine of checking 4-5 sites daily, 2 or 3 a few times.

For the most part I spent my evenings on here, either readin stuff, watching a movie, vids, or learning things.

It's not that bizzare. Not much different then sittin somewhere texting a friend all night, or talking on msn/facebook.

Just a few forms of socialization, entertainment, information, all roped into one.

The alternative is sit around a table with a few thousand friends from every country of the world...somehow have access to every newspaper in the world, have someone there with a tv and literally almost any video/movie on vhs, and play any clip for you on demand (a la youtube)...etc. So it's no wonder people gravitate towards things like this. 20 years ago the things we can do on here would blow minds.

That, and its part of an on-going pursuit of bettering ourselves.

Now if you regularly visited a site about killing people or something...now that I could see bein critisized for...:laugh:
  • littlemount
    Options
    That happens we me a lot my family thinks I care for the mfp folk more than them.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am on a lot too. Like, all day at work. And a bit at home. Just ignore them. They obviously don't get that some people need constant support to stay on a journey like this. If it helps you then go for it. :flowerforyou:
  • sylouette98
    sylouette98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

OMG, same here. LOL!!!! I have the app on my phone, so if the page isn't up on my pc at work you can bet it's running on my phone. *addicted*
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Geez - that's a shame - i bet most of them spend just as much time on facebook! :laugh:

Only thing i get is my boyfriend is always asking "who are you texting now?" because he sees me typing on my phone on MFP. But he knows that i am on here to be healthier and happier so he doesn't care/mind/get upset about it or anything.

:flowerforyou:
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My husband gave me those looks too for a while, but I told I was using this site to find support and help loosing those pounds that have found their way around the mid section! Guys don't diet like girls and I seem to find junk food in the pantry that I don't buy. This site keeps me motivated on my worst days!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I pretty much keep this website up all the time. II check it first thing in the morning and last thing before bed, and I'm always peeking at it form work. I have two monitors I work with both at home and work... so it's always there just sometimes in the background... and if anyone ever said anything to me... I wouldn't care lol. I think my boss just picked up this "handy new app for counting calories on her phone" me" is it my fitness pal" her "oh yeah" I just laughed...

I think I'm okay :D
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    ALL the time, but how do they think I lost all this weight, not being dedicated?
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When people have no passion for anything, they try to kill yours, either by negative or subliminal comments....tell them, find your own passion and get a purpose!
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Mine too!! Lol. But I work in nutrition so I have an excuse all ready to go for when that day happens!!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I had to ask my boss to block this site the next time he has our IT guy in here. He never said anything to me, but he was all for the blocking, lol. I love you guys, but I'm getting too far behind :)
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My family/friends talk about me too....that's ok when I get my weight down they will be the one's asking how did I do it.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    my family prefers me to be here rather than facebook. myself as well
    BUT...... when people ask me what im doing i tell them and i tell them all about mfp they roll their eyes. keep on rollin' em!
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    my kids do, but everybody else is fine with it. Some people just can't handle it when we try to improve ourselves.

tottally agree with this one two thumbs up