Hello Everyone!

Options
dimplzz
dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
Hello. My name is Amy and I am 29 years old. I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 3 years (been together for almost 13!) and we have a son who is almost 15 months old. I am currently 181 and I would like to be 135. I usually stick with a diet and weight loss goal for about a week and then fall off the wagon. NOT THIS TIME! I am going to make mini goals for myself so that the 46 pounds doesn't sound so overwhelming. I am looking forward to meeting other wonderful people that have taken on the adventure to become healthier.

Replies

• dimplzz
    Options
    Hello. My name is Amy and I am 29 years old. I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 3 years (been together for almost 13!) and we have a son who is almost 15 months old. I am currently 181 and I would like to be 135. I usually stick with a diet and weight loss goal for about a week and then fall off the wagon. NOT THIS TIME! I am going to make mini goals for myself so that the 46 pounds doesn't sound so overwhelming. I am looking forward to meeting other wonderful people that have taken on the adventure to become healthier.
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options

Welcome :flowerforyou: Good Luck on your weight lose Journey.. Just remember before you start to see pounds you will see inches so dont get discouraged... and if you ever need a push just give a shout out and I am sure we can jump in and give you a nudge... Good Luck and Welcome :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Sheila
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, welcome!!! :flowerforyou:
    I'm sure you will come to like this site and what it has to offer.
    The best advice I can give is to just keep logging everything you eat, even if it's a bad day! This way you will learn your eating patterns and from there you can make changes. Don't get discouraged, we're all here to support each other! :smile:

103332.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome, there is always someone here who can give worthy advice, so don't be shy and just ask. :flowerforyou:
  • dimplzz
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just started logging my food on Monday and it really does help! My friend had been telling me to do that for a long time. :blushing:

I posted on the fitness board part too but does anyone have an affordable treadmill they would reccomend?
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    I only go to the gym or walk in the park I really havent used the treadmill at home... I think If I make myself go to the gym so that I make sure I do my excersice !!!! I would compare different ones if I were to be buying one.. I wouldnt get a really cheap one though cuz it might not last long and I would make sure you get some kind of warenty on it... Good Luck on your Treadmill Hunt...

Sheila
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: