I need help..

Options
Hey fitness pals! :)
Hope you're all doing well.. calorie-wise haha :D

Well, here's the thing. I'm a student actually a senior (woot!)... I usually have boiled eggs for breakfast or half a sandwich.
& then after a few hours i have lunch. & I always end up eating A LOT more than i should have! It's my weak point.. and i end up regretting it a lot..
So how can I control the amount of food I have for lunch? :\

Thanks in advance!
xx

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Do you make your own lunch, or eat at a canteen?
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Well, my mom cooks lunch. I don't have lunch at school...
    I wish I made my own.. but i usually come home starving haha and don't have the time to make anything.
    & It's not like i'm good at cooking :\
  • malilamala
    Options
    I have the same problem! My old nutrition teacher would suggest eating calorie-rich foods, like veggies and meat (less carbs from bread & grains, the better). I've tried everything! The only thing that works for me is to turn down any food offered to me and mentally "hold out" as long as I can. Once I start munching, I can't stop. So I pack my lunch. Anything I didn't pack ahead of time doesn't get consumed. And I swear they have a "food day" at the office every other day at work! Grrr....
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Make your own and take it with you Nat
  • Natalie49
    Options
    Where I live, lunch is the main meal of the day... So I'm not sure that's possible haha
    But thank you :D
    Way to go on your weight loss. Very inspiring
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I wiould say make sure you have little snacks in between meals. and also alot of water. I know it is hard to do this but I think if you do it will help a lot
  • Natalie49
    Options
    Yes it;s had. I hope it's a matter of time though.
    Will take your advice!
    Thank you & Good luck on the food office day thing haha!
    :)
  • carlylily
    Options
    I agree with the snacks and the water. I eat breakfast early (between 6:30 and 8:00), have a mid-morning snack at about 10:30, and lunch at 12:00. Having that mid-morning snack of fruit and/or yogurt always holds me over until lunch time and I don't eat as much for lunch. And I keep a large bottle of water next to me and drink that while I work.

Good luck!
  • Natalie49
    Options
    Will try the snacks for sure! Thanks a million guys!
  • Natalie49
    Options
    Will try the snacks for sure! Thanks a million guys!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    if you're not really hungry in the morning, you could always skip breakfast and just use those cals towards lunch