Feeling Crummy Hours after Workout - help

Options
So here's the story. I have started adding a cardio class once a week to my workout. Its a hour long class and its really hard to complete and normally I have to tone it down to get through it. I feel great right after and for a couple hours but then in the late afternoon I start getting really hot, almost feel like I have a fever and I feel crummy and need to lay down. I always eat breakfast before I go. an egg on a thin bagel with low fat cheese, and when I'm done my work out I drink a protein shake. I drink lots of water after and all day. I'm looking for suggestions as to why this is happening and if there is anything I can do to help. Oh and this week I kept an eye on my hrm and when I noticed my hr get to 190 I would just march until it was back in the 180's do you think it could be that my hr is too high for too long???

Replies

• Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your doing things right. Have you seen a doctor recently?
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    How long ago did you start the class? It may take your body a couple of weeks to adjust to the new schedule. Stick with it and soon that energy will last you all day long!!
  • hulietta
    hulietta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would like to see what people reply here. I get really warm in the afternoons often, and also feel like I may have a fever. I have not noticed if it's related to any workouts, though. Glad to see it's not just me, but wish we could find out why. Thanks for posting.
  • wendycity75
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing all the right things. Eating prior to the workout and getting protein after. I would suggest you keep a snack with you and eat it before lunch so you don't have that "crashing" feeling in the afternoon. I saw on the Dr. Oz show that almonds, yogurt or Kashi Go Lean snacks are a good for you, will help you feel full and possibly ward off that dizzy, crummy, crashing feeling. I would assume you're drinking lots of water throughout the day but if not make sure you're getting at least 20 oz before lunch.

I wish you continued success!!!
  • SwissTracey
    SwissTracey Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have noticed this 3 times now. I have only being doing the "hard" cardio classes once a week. I do hope as time goes on I will stop having this in the late afternoon. It makes it hard to deal with the kids when I am feeling crummy. It did seem better this week when I kept a close eye on my heart rate.