Lost 20lbs somehow and need to lose more.

Options
I've lost 20lbs but I need to lose more...I go to the gym everyday, but it seems like I have reached a plataeu. I was losing 2lbs a week before and now I can't even seem to lose 1lb a week. Help.

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I get like that try changing your workout and your diet sometimes if your always doing the same thing and eating the same stuff your body gets used to it you could change the workouts on the machines you use ect. Good luck with it you sound like you have been doing a great job up to now.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20lbs but I need to lose more...I go to the gym everyday, but it seems like I have reached a plataeu. I was losing 2lbs a week before and now I can't even seem to lose 1lb a week. Help.

change your routine.

are you eating enough?
  • dvarrassi12
    Options
    Same boat. ugh.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    i have been stuck within 1/2 pound either way for this entire MONTH..dont feel bad..october WILL be a better month, good luck
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i upped my calories to 1400 and stopped eating back all my exercise calories. It sounds counter intuitive but it works. i think because they days i dont work out i net 1400 like im supposed to, but the other days i dont. It's worked for me! i was stuck at 128 for like a month and now i'm now to 124 :)

also like everyone else was saying, change your workouts. add strength training :)
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    The closer you get to goal, the slower you lose. Try cycling your calories (zig-zagging). Go way above for calories for a couple days (i.e. enjoy the weekend!), and shake up your metabolism. Change up your exercise routine. Reset your goals to lose .5 lbs / week. Take a break from intense exercising, then come back to it. All these things should help to shake things up.
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    eat more.
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    I'd like to know the answer to this question too! People always say burn more calories than you consume and the pounds will come off. So what I don't understand is why the response to reaching a plateau is always "change your routine." If you are still burning more calories than you're taking in, shouldn't you still be losing weight?

**I agree that the changing the routine thing works....I'm just confused about why it works!!
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27.5 lbs in total since January this year. I had been losing 1lb per week until I reached a plateau in June and it lasted til September where I am now losing 0.5lbs instead. It is the most frustrating thing ever not losing pounds, but I was advised that it might be inches that are coming off instead, if that makes sense? I started losing weight again 3 weeks ago. I was advised by people on MFP to maybe change my exercise around a little and also change the daily calorie intake which I have done. Mixing things up helps keep the boredom away as well from doing the same thing all the time. We just need to be patient, very patient!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know the answer to this question too! People always say burn more calories than you consume and the pounds will come off. So what I don't understand is why the response to reaching a plateau is always "change your routine." If you are still burning more calories than you're taking in, shouldn't you still be losing weight?

**I agree that the changing the routine thing works....I'm just confused about why it works!!

Because your body becomes used to a routine. Changing it up surprises the body and makes it work harder.
  • wendyc122005
    Options
    I had slowed and decided to add more cals 2 days a week to trick my body. It has jump started my loss when I remained flat for a few weeks.
  • kaajalrana86
    kaajalrana86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So I use myfitnesspal to log in everyday...the program customized my calories to 1200 a day and I burn 700 calories a day...I try not to eat back all of my calories....I even drink a glass of water before every meal and I try not to eat after 8pm unless its coffee or crystal lights.