Lunges are the worst.

Options
Tsalite
Tsalite Posts: 13 Member
There, I said it. They're the worst and I hate them. I realize that I need to do them because obviously they wouldn't bother me so much if my quads actually existed... but I still hate them.

What's your least favorite exercise?

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,868 Member
    edited May 15
    Options
    Team sports because even when I was a kid I was incredibly clumsy and bad at them.
    Up until 4th grade I needed glasses and wasn’t evaluated for them because my teachers just assumed I was “an unteachable (ablest slur meaning severe intellectual disability)
    Even after I got glasses I was still absolutely terrible at spatial awareness and pretty much everything one needs for playing any team sports.

Don’t get me wrong. I love watching baseball and other sports.

I just can’t participate at all.

Love love LOVED my unicycle though.
    I got to skip all team sports in high school gym as long as I rode my unicycle around the field or court during class.

That gym teacher was my favorite. He got me.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I HATE lunges! So, I don't do them. I squat, deadlift, step up, and walk/jog. That's all my legs are getting. That's it. I don't care.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,641 Member
    Options
    Lunges kick my butt. I do them anyway. Sometimes if I'm feeling weak, I just do two sets instead of three. Squats and deadlifts don't seem to make my legs burn the way lunges do.

Since they are a more difficult movement for me, it makes me feel successful when I can complete all three sets that I intend when I start them. So I'll keep doing them.

My most frustrating one though is pectoral. It's one of my weaker areas, so I can only use a small amount of weight. Yep... I'll keep doing them because that's the only way to make 'em stronger.

Dead Bug also kicks my butt.
  • demoetc50
    demoetc50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh gawd yes. Lunges are my least favourite exercise. I’m 78 and until a few years ago I could lunge quite deeply but these days I get twinges in my knees so a lunge has become a slight dip.
  • kaferine69
    kaferine69 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't mind lunges, but burpees can seriously (redacted) right off.
  • eatyourtoast
    eatyourtoast Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also hate lunges but I discovered today that they are much easier to do with the Smith machine. 😇
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Lunges? It’s love/hate. I learned to love the challenge. And love the results. I concentrate on working the glutes with walking lunges. And adding weights gets grueling.
    I just started the 3-12-30 treadmill workout—hate it! 😂
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Lunges give me a screaming pain in my knees. I've never been able to push through the pain and do them regularly. I do split squats instead when I can get the positioning just right. Otherwise they're as painful as lunges.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I’m fine with lunges and squats even burpees but it’s that darn hinge I struggle with. Any and all hinges are just soo hard for me.. the position is what I struggle with, getting that proper form.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,378 Member
    Options
    Tsalite wrote: »
    What's your least favorite exercise?
    At the moment everything but sitting. ;)

Probably power walking is the last choice I'd make.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Lunges are okay. I find in most videos they do them way to fast and I suffer with the form when trying to catch up. But BURPEES...I will click off a video if doing burpees. I have tried and tried them and my body just feels "off" kilter. It is uncomfortable and slightly painful. Hate them.