Weight Loss Journey

Options
Haven't been here in a while, just didn't feel supported, encouraged, etc.

As I went to the doctor yesterday for my Follow up for my Appendix and Scar Tissue Removel Surgery.

Anyways I asked them about losing weight and he said, I needed to lose about 70lbs, and set me up with a Weight Loss management person.

Would anyone here want to be of SERIOUS accountability when I can't see her????

Thanks

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,538 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, sorry you did not find what you needed the first time.

What do you have in mind for an internet SERIOUS accountability? Easy enough for you to make your meal logs public so MFP members can review it regularly and post observations, but did you want something more?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,827 Member
    edited May 16
    Options
    Hey hey: generally people tend to be helpful and people do get together in groups though it takes active management and curation of the friends list to participate and get the most out of it

with 70lbs to lose you're looking at revamping a few things in life over the next few years in order to both lose the weight and maintain the loss long term.

There are sites and programs that offer 1-1 paid support or "group" support and accountability.

Sometimes the ones that offer 1:1 advisors I suspect may offer canned responses or AI generated but I may be maligning them and I do not have direct personal experience.

I think that there is some self selection at play too. As a direct example I came to MFP specifically because I felt icky about even the concept of dealing with groups settings like weight watchers

Yet I was quite active in my friend list till the scrolling made it impossible for me to use enjoyably and I have certainly tried to funnel back into the community some of the eye opening help I got when I first started out.

The mfp social thing you will have to cultivate and give out as much as you will get back. Friends list, group challenges, forums, and most importantly the "most important"/sticky threads at the top of each section. I happen to think it is a great investment. But that's me

Other sites/programs you can pay for 1:1 or group support.

And yes, some people no longer accept friends or even log here anymore yet they still hang around! 🤔
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,729 Member
    Options
    And PS, I don’t “see” anyone here myself, unless they care to share photos. I’m no great beauty, so that’s probably a good thing, lol, but my friends tend to share photos of pets, meals, workout spreadsheets, a lotta landscape photos. And memes. Endless memes.