Protein Shakes, which one?

Options
I am looking for a good protein shake, that doesn't have a lot of sugar....I know there is slim fast, kellogg's protein shakes, so which one....I know there is protein powder too....but I am new to that so before I do that...I want to slowly transition to the powder stuff...any info would be great...

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Get the ones that come in bar form so u can eat your calories
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just checked out shakeology. Saw some videos on it and have done a lot of reseach the past few days. I have done the slim fast thing and it doen't help. But with the shakeology you get everything your body needs. Check it out. We are buying some this next payday.
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the idea of protein shakes too, but the trainer that I just started working with suggested the protein powder at the following site:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/elite.html

She uses it and is in AWESOME shape. It's very low carb and obviously high protein. She suggested one in the morning and one after every workout. I'm going to start using it this week--my husband also mentioned that it's not as expensive as some of the brand he has used. Hope this helps!
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Which protein bars would you recommend and do they taste good?
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I use Gold Standard 100% Whey, it's a powder but nice tasting and easy to mix. Plus it's low carb/sugar with 24g of protein per scoop :)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    those are high sugar and not much protein, im afraid. Now, if you arent ready for the powder jump, try premixed versions; i like isopure, protein blitz, muscle milk,and body fortress. All have little or no sugar and most are around 120 calories and super yummy!
  • Chaos5150
    Chaos5150 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I get the EAS protein shakes, and I like them. I've also heard really good things about the Shakeology, too.
  • AngelKeys
    AngelKeys Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is a little pricey, but sooooooo worth it! One of.... if not thee best one out there in my opinion. The chocolate is my favorite.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I like the ready to drink GNC Lean Shake. It has 170 claories, 25g protein, and 3g net carbs. Plus it tastes really good.
  • shadowfx
    Options
    I use the Sport Food Company protein shake powder - It's inexpensive, has all the necessary ingredients, low in sugar compared to others. I buy only the plain vanilla flavour, mix it with lite soy milk and some extra water, throw in some psyllium husk powder (for my cholesterol) and add a teaspoon of flavouring essence, the stuff you add to baking, for variety. Keeps me going for ages :wink:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Im in love with Designer Whey's Vanilla Protein shake mix - extremely low carb, 100 calories and the shakes are versatile! I can make breakfast shakes, smoothies, pudding, put it in the freezer for icecream.... use it in recipes...

its AWESOME!
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i will have to try muscle milk...see it at costco.....where do i get the others from...can i get them at target/walmart, etc....or do i need to stop at gnc or a specialty store...
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    I use Costco Kaizen whey and I find it really good, digestive wise and 150 cals for 35 grams of protein its an efficient one at that, plus the majority of the sweetness is Stevia, with a smaller amount of sucralose in it compared to lots of other brands on the market, doesn't cause me any IBS-C/bloat issues like many have in the past, love it, I have vanilla and chocolate and make myself a post workout smoothie with just water, 1 scoop and 1 serving of fruit in the magic bullet, also super good if you need a snack to make up some protein for the day.
  • NoDairy
    Options
    U want a healthy shake with no crap added, then drink mine, its jarrow brown rice protein powder. No sugar, no gmo, no dairy, no soy, all natural and has all the amino acids u need. It taste great with coconut milk and frozen fruit,
  • SaqibH91
    Options
    Optimum 100% Whey Gold Standard. Tastes great too!
  • tadbiggs
    Options
    Personally I have tried many and have liked the taste of very few. My current favorite is 1st Phorms Milk Chocolate Level 1. It's loaded with protein 24g, for only 139 calories. The strawberry is good as well.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha-6 Protein is my favorite. It is a powder though (although in my opinion powders are best, I've yet to find a protein bar that isn't either loaded with junk or tastes like gritty cardboard).

Personally I take that with some ice, a scoop of teddie's natural peanut butter with flaxseed, a banana, and water. Blended up it tastes to me like a reese's peanut butter cup.
  • kimberly774
    Options
    Shakeology is what I use it is so good
  • EricaSehr
    Options
    I use Shakeology too and just love it! It is a meal replacement, protein shake, and all your vitamins in one. There is nothing like it out there. It is 9 servings of fruit and veggies, gluten free, and caffeine free. It is also supported by the American Diabetes Association! Chocolate is my favorite and I make mine with 1 cup of water, 5 ice cubes blended with 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter, and 5 frozen strawberries!