A question for the ladies only ...

Options
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if you found you want to eat more when TOM is around ??? I just want to snack on anything and everything this week and havent found this before :sad:

Replies

• stronglikebull
    Options
    Use the search button.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yep, apparently your body burns about 300 calories approx around the few days before and during TOM, so eat a little extra, it won't hurt! Just make good choices!
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Totally. I don't think it's a bad thing either, since our bodies are using a few more calories while trying to destroy us via uterus. I eat a few more healthy snacks during TOM and still lose weight after the bloating. Don't ignore your body!
  • TaraTLC83
    TaraTLC83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    oh god yes. I see something and I feel like a baby with the whole "must stick that in my mouth" idea. It's getting easier, just make sure you have the things you usually crave in healthier options.

I crave salty things, so I found these pillars turkey bites. 50 calories per stick. They taste just like an unhealthy pepperoni stick, but are much better for you. Also, I did not know olives were so low in calories!!! 5 large manzilla pimento stuffed olives are only 25 calories. You can also rinse a can of chickpeas and sprinkle with canola oil and garlic powder or other seasoning and roast them in the oven for 45 mins at 450, shaking the pan often to get crunchy things of awesome.

Sometimes I crave ice cream... so I bought some frozen fruit and some fat free yogurt. Throw some chunks of frozen fruit in a blender (I have a ninja) with a bit of yogurt and a dash of skim milk (small amounts of liquid)... blend it up and you have fresh no sugar added ice cream!
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I discovered that at around 13 years of age. LOL!

You're a lucky duck if your appetite just now got involved with your period. :)
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm going through this now! I just want to eat the kitchen sink, i'm not but want to! I have found a trick that works for me, i want to eat sweets real bad and i found that if i eat 2 kisses and then just lay the other 3 beside me i wont eat them but i know they are there if i do change my mind, for some reason this works for me and i never eat them! its like messing with my head i guess.
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I don't get hungry at all during my TOM
  • pompeyqueen
    Options
    I get serious snack attacks TOM but I crave all the bad stuff, I guess I have grin and bare it and try my best to get through it :explode:
  • StephW1990
    Options
    Ive never noticed before cause I havent dieted around TOM .. but It really does make u want to stuff your face :laugh: lol x
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want and exrcise. Instead of focusing on not eating something you should exercise. Because exercising helps with cramps, bloating, and overall mood.
  • KarenLipana
    Options
    and i thought there's something wrong with me.
    I usually eat more than usual during that time of the month, i just cant control it.
  • angyi
    angyi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this, glad you asked :)
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    When it's that TOM, your body loses iron. So, eat more iron, take iron supplements, etc and the constant hunger will stop. If your body is lacking something, it will continue to crave it until you give it what it wants (ie, the always hungry no matter what you eat). Get some more iron in your system around that time and you'll even it all out.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Use the search button.

Really... thats helpful. Gosh.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Use the search button.

Thank you :explode:
  • MissChelleBelle
    MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yep, apparently your body burns about 300 calories approx around the few days before and during TOM, so eat a little extra, it won't hurt! Just make good choices!

As JodaNord said, this is from www.iibc.com/hungry-period/

Studies show that food intake (and presumably hunger) increases in the days before menstruation. Metabolism can jump as well, up to 16 per cent. Why? The hormone progesterone that’s released before menstruation causes the body to heat up and expend more energy, resulting in a need for more fuel. If you’re like the average women, you consume an extra 300 calories a day in the week before your period. And you may need every morsel, so don’t hold back make meals full ad snacks substantial. As for that chocolate craving? Also take care of your skin using anti aging products like tripeptinon. Go ahead and down a couple of squares, because you’ll probably burn them off. PMS meltdown, averted.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am the same way!!
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options

As JodaNord said, this is from www.iibc.com/hungry-period/

Studies show.....

(Not attacking the poster of this, just the premise!!!!!)

Any site that can't even cite the studies from which it gets its information is useless. How about offering up some solid science to back up these claims? I'm so sick and tired of blogs on the internet spewing those words "studies show!" Anyone can write a blog....not all of them are reputable.

:flowerforyou:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Just wondering if you found you want to eat more when TOM is around ??? I just want to snack on anything and everything this week and havent found this before :sad:

Who is Tom? If he's making you eat more and you don't want to, I would suggest not hanging out with him any more!! My friends have to be supportive of my weight loss journey or they are no friends of mine!!

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Who is Tom? If he's making you eat more and you don't want to, I would suggest not hanging out with him any more!! My friends have to be supportive of my weight loss journey or they are no friends of mine!!

^^This is why I heart you.