I messed up

I did good all week, eating below my calorie budget until today (saturday) after i ate a large mccrispy combo from mcdonalds with 10 nuggets. How can i undo all this? Did I gain weight? (I ate around 1900 cal above my limit).

Answers

• ButterflyEffectLiz
    ButterflyEffectLiz Posts: 35 Member
    Brisk09 wrote: »
    I did good all week, eating below my calorie budget until today (saturday) after i ate a large mccrispy combo from mcdonalds with 10 nuggets. How can i undo all this? Did I gain weight? (I ate around 1900 cal above my limit).

Hello! Nice to meet you.
    First, don't beat yourself up. Basically, you stumbled. Occasionally, we all stumble and sometimes fall. The important thing is how you talk to yourself and what you do next. You could very easily sabotage yourself by beating yourself up. So, forgive yourself and let it go. Second, Woohoo! Good job staying under your calorie budget all week! Some people allow themselves a "Cheat Day" or "Cheat Meal" once a week. That way they don't feel like they are depriving themselves of things that they really, really want. Usually, they do not gain. Third, don't worry about undoing this. Instead focus on continuing with your plan. You can do it! You've got this!
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 663 Member
    Most days when I “overeat,” I still don’t eat enough to gain. Maybe my deficit is only 100-200, but it is still there. The water retention from eating processed foods makes me show a gain that disappears in a few days, and if I get right back on track again, I will show a loss for the week. Not as much as I’d like, but a loss is a loss.

Just get back on track. You’ll be fine.