10 days in and going great!

Options
Hi everyone! I am Aynde and I joined MFP 10 days ago. I am LOVING it! :D

I have more than 100 pounds to lose but I am taking it pound by pound so that I am not intimidated by that big number. My biggest challenges are portion control and excercise. Thanks to the food diary I am kicking portion control butt! The excercise is coming along more slowly.

A little about the non weightloss side of me:
I am a slave at home mom with 3 active kids. I like reading, cooking, crochet, scrapbooking....all that molly homemaker stuff. I have a fantastic supportive husband. I live in the Bluegrass State currently, I miss living in TX and wish I could visit my family out west more.

Hope to get to know some of you better!

Replies

• karissann_02
    karissann_02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has been a great help for me!
    I recently fell out of doing things the Right way because I bought my first home last month and lived off of Take out and Pizza as we fixed up the house, but now that the kitchen is remodeled and the Refrigerator is back in, its time to hit it hard again!
    This sight is SO helpful you'll do great!! I though 50 was a lot to lose but I'm over half way there, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    welcome! you can do it. 10 days is great, but remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. you'll notice a great change in yourself the first few weeks, but that change will slow down. do not be discouraged. at this point you will need to reassess what you are doing, and change or tweak it a little. keep your body guessing! good luck!!
  • allifaith
    Options
    Welcome!
  • jessv55
    Options
    Hey guys my name is Jess I tried this awhile ago but didn't really give it my all. I really need to lose about 20 pounds and could use any motivation I can get. In order to get pregnant which is my goal I need to lose the weight per my doctor. Hope this works keeping my fingers crossed. :)
  • Ayndelady
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

This is the first time I have really felt like I CAN DO THIS. Engineman312 - I will remember your words when the weight is coming off more slowly!

Jessv55 - you will do it. Tell yourself everyday that it's going to happen. stay positive and I am looking forward to hearing that you are expecting!
  • eatnbetter
    Options
    Welcome!! I have been here a month now and I'm addicted!! You have come to the right place!
  • jessv55
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! I really hope so I have been struggling with it for awhile and can't wait to be a mother!!! I have been married for 8 years and I am so ready for the phase of my life and would love to have a health pregnancy :)