Ground Turkey

Options
kingram02
kingram02 Posts: 5 Member
any body have any recipes for ground turkey?

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time. Spice it up with some cumin or taco seasoning, spaghetti, chili, dips.. ANYTHING you would use ground beef in.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Anything you make with ground turkey has to be seasoned differently then beef. I always add pureed veggies ( sauteed, spinach, tomatoes, onions, peppers) to it in meatloaf or burgers. Because of the low fat content it need something to moisten it. I also use it in chili and tacos.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    go to allrecipes.com - turkey quinoa meatloaf is fantastic.

use it in spagetti with meat sauce or to make hamburgers, just as you would with ground beef. Less calories, more protein, less saturated fat. Turkey is great!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I'm an endless supply of turkey recipes. :laugh: I posted one for southwest turkey meatballs the other day.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey spaghetti sauce, ground turkey tacos... Lots of different ways to make ground turkey. Google!
  • kittycarson
    Options
    I don't know if you could call this a recipe since I don't have exact numbers, but I make this often. I call it "Turkos"...I cook ground turkey with onions and garlic sometimes with a little taco seasoning. Then I stuff Baked Tostitos Scoops with the meat mixture. Then sprinkle with Muir Glen Organic Salsa, and Reduced Fat Cheese. It makes for a terrific filling meal for me and it tastes very guilty even though it's not so much. You could also add shredded lettuces if you would like or sourcream or whatever you like.
  • Nswilk
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of red meat and eat a lot of ground turkey. Basically everything you use ground beef or chicken for you can use ground turkey. Chilli, hamburgers, in fact just made Salisbury steak last night with ground turkey and it was great. If you want specific recipes there are plenty out there, but I have noticed Rachael Ray has a lot of ground turkey recipes that are easy. She adds a lot of stuff in ground turkey that I leave out, but you can discover your own taste and decide. Good luck
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    whatever you do with it, just make sure if you're buying the 99% lean that you add more herbs and spices than you would for other meats.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! This is my favorite. Enjoy-and if you're not so into spicy food just go easy on the topping

Ingredients For Meat Loaf:
    1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
    1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
    1 stalk of celery, coarsely chopped
    2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
    1 (20-ounce) package lean ground turkey breast
    1/2 cup quick cooking oats
    2 egg whites

For Topping:
    1/4 cup fat free and sugar free ketchup
    1 tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce
    1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (such as Splenda Brand)

Cooking Directions
    Preheat oven to 350°F. In the work bowl of a food processor, combine onion, carrots and celery. Pulse until finely chopped. Add chipotle peppers and pulse until just combined. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey with the pepper and vegetable mixture. Add egg whites and oats; gently mix until combined. Place about 1/3 cup of the prepared meatloaf mixture into 9 wells of a standard size muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Remove meat loaves from oven and spoon the topping over each meatloaf. Return meatloaf to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until meatloaf is firm and the internal temperature registers 170°F.

Let meatloaf stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 9 mini loaves.

Nutritional Information per Serving:
    Calories: 110
    Protein: 16 g
    Carbohydrates: 6 g
    Fat: 1 g
    Cholesterol: 25 mg
    Sodium: 180 mg
    Saturated Fat: 0
    Fiber: Less than 1 gram
  • kingram02
    kingram02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    what about low calorie spaghetti sauce recipes?