40/30/30 Carbs/Fats/Proteins

Options
emnech
emnech Posts: 1 Member
Has anyone tried following the macros 40c/30f/30p? I'm looking for a recipe book, app, recipes, or anything that can help throw some easy meals together. Anything gluten free is a plus too :-)

Answers

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    It is called the Zone Diet. There are huge numbers of recipe books for it, although its popularity has diminished. I did it in the past. It worked because it established a calorie deficit. It wasn't successful for me in terms of long-term adherence since that particular way of eating doesn't fit well with me personally.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited May 22
    Options
    Yep, that's the Zone Diet. My library system has lots of bad results for that search term - I got better results when I filtered for Author: Sears, Barry. My library has nine Zone Diet books just by him.

I think I played around with it, but like more carbs and less protein, aka the MFP default macros.

So you can just do your basic meat, vegetable, starch, but bigger portions of protein and smaller portions of carbs. I highly recommend getting some cookbooks from your library to get you started with ideas and inspiration.

30% fat stays the same.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    More P = more satiation and better muscle retention. Learn to count macros in grams rather than percentages
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,515 Member
    Options
    What do you expect from these macros?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    If you sign up for an account here:

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

. . . you can specify a macro mix (among other things) and get a meal plan, with recipes.

I believe that's a free function, though they do also have premium functions, I believe.

You can play with the site for free without an account, and see basically how it works (but not pin down specific macros in that anonymous mode).

I'm not affiliated with that site in any way, just have played with the anonymous functions out of curiosity.

Personally, I'm a believer in a "remodel your eating" approach, i.e., start by logging current habits, and use diary review and gradual tweaks of daily routine habits to reach one's personal goals over a period of time.

To me, that's a good way to arrive at more personally-pleasant and sustainable new habits. YMMV. (Honestly, having someone else tell me what to eat is the exact opposite of how I like to operate. I'm not saying other people should be like me: Diversity is part of what makes life fun. :flowerforyou: )

Best wishes!

• COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Too bad I didn't see this earlier. I recently disposed of probably a 100 or more of my dad's diet cookbooks. Zone and South Beach were the top contenders :D I would have happily sent them to a new home instead of the dumpster!
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I’ve been adding protein at breakfast- 50 grams or so. So I’ve been eating things like leftover dinner protein (chicken, steak whatever we cooked the night before) or a can of tuna or a hamsteak for breakfast.
    Sounds weird at least to me because I always ate toast with peanut butter, oatmeal, bagels etc. But this is how people ate until approx 80 years ago and it does seem to be working for me. According to some research it’s best for us seniors to start the day with a good slug of protein and it was my most realistic opportunity to get more.