Don't Want To Let My Eating Disorder (NOS) Get out of Contro

Options
Hi everyone,
I am a "recovering" anorexic/bulimic. I still struggle with not eating sometimes or severely restricting calories. I do not want to chose this path anymore because it is getting me nowhere and I do not want to slowly die because I cannot love myself. The doctors made me follow a plan that caused me to gain more weight than I am comfortable with, I want to lose it and get down to a lower weight but one that is healthy for me (I cannot go under 122) . I am determined to do this right this time, it will be a trial and I need all the support I can get so that maybe I have a better chance of succeeding the healthy way this time. If you all have any tips for me I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you :D

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It can be done! You have to be careful about who you friend though. And, tell your friends, straight out, to call you out on not eating right.

I hope you are seeing a counselor in addition to medical doctors to overcome your eating disorder.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am a "recovering" anorexic/bulimic. I still struggle with not eating sometimes or severely restricting calories. I do not want to chose this path anymore because it is getting me nowhere and I do not want to slowly die because I cannot love myself. The doctors made me follow a plan that caused me to gain more weight than I am comfortable with, I want to lose it and get down to a lower weight but one that is healthy for me (I cannot go under 122) . I am determined to do this right this time, it will be a trial and I need all the support I can get so that maybe I have a better chance of succeeding the healthy way this time. If you all have any tips for me I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you :D

You are going to find some lovely, supportive people on this board. Feel free to add me if you need to talk :)
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Issues with food go both ways. I'm no expert on anorexia. All I can say is it would probably be good for you to determine how many calories you should have to stay healthy and try to stay as close to that number as possible. This will keep you in the healthy range. As far as body image goes, I hope you're getting therapy because treating the symptoms will not cure the disease. It will only mask it. If you have been seeing a doctor, that's good. Do make sure your mind is being treated as well as your body and maybe look for an anorexia/bulimia support group if you are not doing that already. Good luck, hun. Kudos for taking positive steps to get well.
  • channelzero
    Options
    I'm a recovering bulimic, so please know you aren't alone! It's still hard sometimes, and I have to remind myself that purging never got me anywhere except heavier and terrible feeling.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome..nope not alone as you can see. i am currently trying to recovery from ana with purging(dont binge anymore)Hope you find some support here. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. Does your doctor know that you are trying to lose? Just wondered if you are still in treatment at all. Would hate to see things get out of control for you.
  • Annie_8107
    Annie_8107 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also a recovering Anorexic/Bulimic/Compulsive Overeater. It is really a struggle, and I can completely understand where you are coming from, but it does look like you have taken some very good steps toward health and have an awareness of what issues/ concerns you are still dealing with. As you mentioned I also gained weight back when I began to start my journey out of my eating disorder, and it was indeed more than I was comfortable with. I believe that our bodies will adjust themselves and settle into their natural state once we get into a solid routine that supports a healthy lifestyle. For me patience is key. The thing that often comes with having struggled with eating disorders, is often a desire to "accomplish goals quickly, ": at least that has been true for me. I am new to this website and am just starting to work on my health again for a variety of reasons. Sorry if I babbled on! I would be happy to be here for support for anyone who needs it, and would likewise appreciate any support that anyone would like to give me. Good luck on your journey!
  • stef_elisabeth
    Options
    Hey! I'm recovering from anorexia (with bulimic tendencies) and I'm trying to track my intake to prevent binging, purging and restricting :) I'm here if you ever need to talk.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Wow seriously post one topic and then deactivates her account, guess she was not serious of making a change.