HELP!!!

Options
HELP!! I am sabotagin myself! I am having negative thoughts and giving up hope! What gets you going and back on track? What gets rid of the all of nothing approach and prevents you from binging? All I want to eat is a HUGE back of chocolate
I am so dissapoointed on myslef and feel I can never lose weight! or I lose it and gain it back!

I am sorry this is so negative but I am really upset!!

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I find MFP friends who have lost 100's oh pounds. I also look for ones that are in great shape, and young and only need to loose 5.
    Both of them just get me so angry that I just want to gHeahiaorthtyo3t63!!!

also being rather fun on the message boards helps. Put your real weight up in your ticker too. Let everyone see.
  • Sergio1970
    Options
    I just keep reminding myself what I want out of life. (to be health, look good, able to be active) I posted a note on my wall that says 'Make your change now" and I see it every morning to remind myself that I want to change. Not just my weight, but how I think about life, how I eat and how active I am.

Keep coming back, it works if you work it.
  • franciscoj1
    Options
    Don't feel bad about your progress, and don't give up! You have joined MFP which is already a great step toward your goals! As far as staying motivated, set yourself mini goals, and give yourself rewards for achieving them. I take it 10 pounds at a time.

Also, you CAN eat chocolate and still lose weight. Just remember to record it in your daily calories. You'll learn quickly if it's really worth the extra effort at the gym. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

You can do it :)
  • JessicaHenry1984
    JessicaHenry1984 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please don’t be down on yourself. I think everyone trying to make a healthy lifestyle change has down times and times they feel like giving up because nothing will ever change. You have to lean on friends and family for support when you need it. This is a great website because it has so much support. When you feel really down if you can try to exercise for 10 minutes even if it is only walking around your house or down your driveway. Then if you can do more go for another 10 minutes. That is what I do when I want to eat a lot of junk or feel bad about myself. By the time I am done I feel good about myself again because I did something good for myself and can normally resist the temptation of snacks and if I don’t at least I got in a little exercise before eating them. Just remember if you have one bad day it does not mean you should give up. Add me as a friend if you want and message me if you need support.
  • Disneynut
    Disneynut Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You have already lost weight, so focus on the positive. Go out now for a walk, pick up a book, do some gardening, anything to take your mind away from stuff you really know will not do you any good.

This is a lifestyle change you have decided on, you know if you keep to it you will be healthier, fitter, look good and feel fantastic.

Go for it !!!!! :happy:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You have quite a lot of calories left over most days from what I can see you can indulge yourself a little. Also you don't seem to eat much for breakfast so maybe if you ate a bit more during the day you wouldnt crave so much. If I get a chocolate craving I get a pot of low fat chocolate mousse or something and just make sure I log it.

Also I have a few clothes that I want to wear when I feel like giving up I go and try them on and the fact that they are still too tight at the moment keeps me on track. :noway:

Don't give up we all feel this way but you will regret it if you give in and only be more upset with yourself. :smile: