How to Post a Photo to Your News Feed

Options
springlering62
springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
edited May 26 in Getting Started
Got friends and want to share photos or inspiration stuff with them?

How do you do it?

Parking this tutorial here because this question comes up often.

These are screenshots of the iOS app. I don’t know what the other app looks like but it should be fairly similar.

First of all, open the app. It should go straight to your home page:
is6d1uaybihb.jpeg

Scroll down til you reach weight / progress and click on the + sign or the words weight or progress

wk0xog4d2otg.jpeg

You’ll get a screen that looks like this. Click any of the little boxes. It really doesn’t matter what date you choose (unless you’re actually sharing or saving weight loss photos, in which case you’ll want them in order):

6ygednaevi0x.jpeg

This will open your photo album. Pick the photo or screenshot you want to share and click “share” in the top right corner:

uvmvxzj53jw1.jpeg

This will bring up a sliding list of “frames”. You can share your current weight with the photo, or flick across and choose a different frame. Once you’ve chose your frame, click “next” in top right corner:

lgcwqkp8va54.jpeg

Type a message with your photo of you want to share a message with it:

klnz983cbrgc.jpeg

Touch the check ✔️ mark on top right corner to share thoughts and /or photo:

f4epzxc34qyt.jpeg

Your photo will now appear in your newsfeed:

hglqelr9yf22.jpeg

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    On the app you can add a photo to just your news feed without putting it anywhere else first also.

In the app click on Newsfeed. Then click on the camera icon. Anything you type and attach will show on your timeline feed.

rfyyx824z0jl.jpg
    4z1mctkh367u.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    On the app you can add a photo to just your news feed without putting it anywhere else first also.

I bet a bagel with lox and cream cheese you're using the Android app. If you're using the iOS app, you need to go through all the machinations that @springlering62 showed in her very informative tutorial.

Very convoluted, and if you've been here a while, it takes a while to scroll from your beginning date to some time close to the current date if you want your photo to not be stuffed back in time. The app developers ain't got no love for iOS.
  • springlering62
    Options
    😬

Agree, @mtaratoot

Am astonished android users have a direct path.

*stomps feet *. It’s not fair !!!!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    😬

Agree, @mtaratoot

Am astonished android users have a direct path.

*stomps feet *. It’s not fair !!!!!

It helps build our character. I guess the app programmers know that some of us can still manage even if we have to Rube Goldberg the thing.

By the way, that is a totally AWESOME cat-body picture.
  • springlering62
    Options
    I wish I could take credit, but my family trades cat memes like they’re goin’ outta style.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

I bet a bagel with lox and cream cheese you're using the Android app. If you're using the iOS app, you need to go through all the machinations that @springlering62 showed in her very informative tutorial.

Very convoluted, and if you've been here a while, it takes a while to scroll from your beginning date to some time close to the current date if you want your photo to not be stuffed back in time. The app developers ain't got no love for iOS.

Yes, that's how it looks in the Android app.

I'm startled that you've felt Android is the favored child, though - it seems like new features often are introduced in iOS first, with Android following later. I'm thinking of things like the "feature" where supposedly you can take a picture of your meal and get a calorie estimate/log entry. I'm not sure whether that still exists, even - the whole concept made me eye-roll. I can't even tell sometimes how much butter/oil is in a thing I didn't cook, but they can estimate it from a photo? Hmmm. That's not the only thing that was iOS-first, but it's one that comes to mind.

You guys maybe could put a feature request in (via the relevant Community topic) to make iOS work like Android for timeline photos. What you have to go through is pretty silly.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Post pictures in the newsfeed? What Newsfeed? :'( We are all so sad it's going away.