I need a good kick in the *kitten*...

Options
I need some new reasons to get up earlier in the morning to make and eat a better breakfast! The arguments that it's better for me, more filling and will help me reach my goals just don't motivate me to get up 20 minutes earlier. I'm my own worst enemy and I'm very convincing before I get out of bed. Please help! Tough love welcome...

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to redefine "better" breakfast. Two balance bars seem to put me in a better place all day than something more breakfasty.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Make overnight parfaits or oats the night before. Then you can just eat it in the morning, no cooking needed!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at my desk. I bring Greek yogurt with berries or a protein bar or any number of other easy to eat items. I can't eat first thing when I get up and wouldn't want to get up earlier to actually cook something, either.
  • windowhotel
    Options
    Incidentally breakfast is not that necessary of a meal when you're an adult and not trying to sell breakfast cereal, and a lot of dietitians recommend skipping it as a way to lose weight. Plus, according to a USA today/AP article (http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-06-04-eating-exercise_N.htm) skipping will also help you burn more fat in the long run. So maybe the best thing for you to do is sleep the extra 20 minutes and skip breakfast all together.
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Incidentally breakfast is not that necessary of a meal when you're an adult and not trying to sell breakfast cereal, and a lot of dietitians recommend skipping it as a way to lose weight. Plus, according to a USA today/AP article (http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-06-04-eating-exercise_N.htm) skipping will also help you burn more fat in the long run. So maybe the best thing for you to do is sleep the extra 20 minutes and skip breakfast all together.

This may be true for some people but I assure you... you don't want to be anywhere near me when I'm hungry. I'm likely to rip your head off and do vile things to your psyche if I don't eat breakfast. Skipping just isn't an option for me if I want to remain in the free world.

Eating breakfast at work is the same for me as getting up early since I'm running the moment I step in the office till the moment I close up. Thanks for all the thoughts...
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi there! what do you normally like to have for breakfast?
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Hi there! what do you normally like to have for breakfast?

Hey willywonka - my diary is open but lately I've been eating an atkins meal bar and a sugar free red bull (my crack addiction that I'm unsuccessfully trying to break). I usally feel pretty icky after my usual but it does keep me full till snack time. I'm hoping to replace my eh breakfast with something closer to clean eating. I do try to focus on lower carb/sugar. I'm not really a picky eater just very lazy in the am.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about making something you can make a bunch of and keeping them in the fridge for all week? I've seen a recipe for a egg/meat dish you cook in a muffin pan. You can then either eat them cold or throw in the microwave for a few seconds before eating. Hard boiled eggs are another good option. I'll usually make a half dozen on Sunday so I have them all week. Costco also sells 2 dozen eggs already hard boiled and peeled. I love them.

There's also a great mini cheesecake recipe that is low carb. I make a half dozen of these on the weekend and they last me all week. The person who posted the recipe in our low carb thread makes them for her husband who eats them every morning for breakfast but I like a little more protein for my breakfast, so they are usually a snack or dessert.

1 package Philadelphia Lite Cream Cheese, softened (less carbs and fat than regular)
    1 egg
    1/4 cup Splenda (I use a bit less because I found it too sweet)
    1/2 tsp. vanilla or other flavoring (I've used lemon and orange so far, both yummy)
    Sprinkle of cinnamon or cocoa powder (optional)

Whip ingredients until thoroughly mixed and pour into muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool for several hours or overnight in the fridge. Enjoy! Makes 6 muffins.