30 Day Shred Question

Options
Hey all... starting off by apologizing if this was asked before..

Anyway, when you did 30 Day Shred, did you:
#1 do it in conjunction with other cardio exercise?
#2 notice your weight go UP in the early stages??

Replies

• cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    #1: no. i tried a couple days to do the elliptical on top of it and those days i was so exhausted it was hardly worth it
    #2: no, i went slowly down, except while I was doing level 2. during that I stayed the same but got a lot stronger.
  • dawngrasso
    dawngrasso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hi! yes i incorporated the 30 day shred with regular workouts and spin 3x a week...i get great results from that dvd and am currently in the last week of the new RIPPED IN 30 dvd
    i only get on scale once a week but i dont my weight went up.....r\keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat
    good luck!
  • SheCantWeight
    SheCantWeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I started Shred I only did Shred and nothing else for the first week or so because my muscles were so exhausted haha. But my weight consistently went down
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    YES to both questions!!! I finished 30DS the beg of Sept and now finishing level 2 of RI30 today..with 30ds i walked every evening for 30mins and during the 1st 2 weeks i gained almost 2lbs but by the middle of level 2 i lost it plus more..
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    I did it in conjunction with my normal routine, which includes about 5-6 workouts a week.

I lost steadily throughout, but had one week of no scale movement (I'm thinking the third week).

Good luck!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of 30DS and my weight didn't go up but I have heard of others who have had weight gain...I did not gain but I also did not lose (hoping that changes this week) I am doing 30 DS as well as adding ab ripper 100 to it (from P90) and I also do a boot camp Wednesday taking Sunday off from all exercise.

Good Luck
  • mischyfishy
    Options
    I just started the program yesterday... and it kicked my *kitten*. I'm so sore today but I really want to use it as a positive starting point for my lifestyle change.

I'll be doing 30DS 5x a week (Mon-Fri) and going to the gym (ellipital, fast walking/incline walking, light weights) 2x a week. Hopefully I'll be able to update in a week or two with positive results :)
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    I gained two pounds the first 10 days but lost inches. I went on walks to help the muscle soreness. It seemed to help. Good Luck! : )