Talk me down! I have a deep fryer and I'm not afraid to use

Options
Just kidding. I just ate a healthy vegetable wrap for lunch. Day 2 of my new diet. Hope I can stick with it.

This seems like a great site to track calories and exercise and get support from others. I'm open to new friends.

Replies

• Miggy52
    Miggy52 Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome to MFP it will be a week tomorrow that I joined this site...scales have not moved much but they will....put that deep fryer in a closet never to found...lol.....good luck with life style change....
  • maurea
    Options
    LOL!! Very nce - welcome to the club! (Pack that fryer up - you'll never need it again!):laugh:
  • JessicaHenry1984
    JessicaHenry1984 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Step away from the deep fryer (and hide it from me LOL). A vegie wrap sounds great. I wish you the best and you can friend me if you want. :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My deep fryer sits sadly in the cabinet now that I count calories. Sad, really.
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    Hello and welcome! :)

Lol, deep fryer... My aunt used to deep fry pizza rolls. They were SOOOO good... I'm glad I don't have one. :laugh:
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    welcome...we're here to support each other..feel free to add me...:smile:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Even before I was in the mindset of a new life change I never bought a deep fryer. I have volleyed up and down in my weight over the years and because fried foods are JUST SO GOOD tasting and JUST SO BAD in every other way I knew that owning one was not in the cards for me. (My neighbor has one and when I wanted a french fry I could usually just waltz over... not anymore for me!)

Good luck to you! You've made the first best step.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hey, from Willow Spring, NC
    The weather here today is great!
    I know you will do well on MFP. People with a sense of humor have an edge.
    Try to get out to the NC Farmer's Market this weekend. They have the best fresh, local fruits and vegetables! Apples are in, yum.
  • ergenzinger
    Options
    Just so y'all know what you're dealing with if you decide to add me as a friend:
    http://www.viewshound.com/humor/2011/7/a-love-letter-to-pizza