Anyone quit alcohol and lose?

Options
It's been almost 3 weeks without alcohol for me. I think about it and I don't want to give up my progress. I've lost ten pounds in almost a month.

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • pixie54545
    pixie54545 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drinking, for me, is a sure way to halt weight loss, alcohol is a toxin.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Between the alcohol calories, lower NEAT, missing workouts and poor food judgement, yes stopping drinking is one of the best things you can do.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking many years ago, so congrats to both of you for a life changing affirmative choice.

I was able to lose some weight and still drink, but never down to a good healthy weight. My concentration on a healthy life wasn't very consistent when I was still poisoning myself daily. Some people lose weight and continue to drink just fine. I think it's an individual thing.

I had to stop drinking because drinking itself was a problem but life in every way is better without alcohol and being at a 22 BMI instead of a 30 BMI. I lost 80 pounds in total and still don't drink.

Keep it going! Life will get so much better without alcohol and those extra pounds.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 844 Member
    edited May 28
    Options
    Ashrina2 wrote: »
    I tried and failed to lose weight so many times before because I tried not to give up alcohol or thought I would be able to balance it (I couldn't). It took me awhile to accept that it was becoming a problem because moderation isn't my strength :D. I couldn't progress enough because I couldn't give up drinking long enough...it would affect my decisions with food and fitness levels the next day until I did it all over again.

I gave up alcohol six weeks ago. I have lost 20lbs in 6 weeks. This isn't doing anything too crazy. 1500/1600 calories most days, averaging 15k steps a day and 3/4 sessions of weight training a week.

And this is the difference in photographs. Starting photographs obviously there is a lot of bloating going on here because I was drinking fairly heavily and ate out the entire weekend before. But the quick results and progress have kept me away from it.

I have shared this with a few people who found it useful to see the difference in just six weeks. This is 20lbs but it looks more because of the bloating.

lxjyvi0c2z53.jpg
    qf1hgf09f579.jpg

So after this...I intend not to drink for as long as I can!

What an incredible difference, I’m so happy for you and the results you’ve achieved so far! Such an inspiring post. Thank you for sharing, and hopefully you continue to share your experience.