help needed

Options
i've hit rock bottom. my food addiction is driving me crazy and making me broke. today i weighed in at my highest weight in 15 years. 271 pounds. i have ate my self into debt, into a lousy marriage, into bad knees and into hopelessness. i need to keep a smile on my face for my kids, but i just want to isolate and hide from the world.

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm saying this in the nicest way possible, but perhaps you she see a professional such as a psychologist and a nutritionist as well or just go to a group of Overeaters Anonymous.
    Sometimes things go beyond just looking good for the outside world, change has to come from within but sometimes it's harder for some to get that boost in life, and this sounds like it goes beyond needing a few words of encouragement from some strangers online.
    I truly hope for the best for you.
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    Chin up!! You have to just decide to make a change. I still have an addiction to food too. But ever since I have been using this site, I have a better feeling and it makes me want to not over eat. And tracking your workouts help out too.

You can friend me if you like......I will happily help to motivate and encourage! :flowerforyou:
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry that you feel that way... I think we can all relate to your pain. You know that you have to hit rock bottom to push yourself up even harder!

You've come to the right place. This site and the friends I made here have helped me so much, you have no idea... If I was able to turn my life around, I know you can too.

Hang in there, believe in yourself and remember that your MFP friends will always be there to support you! :flowerforyou:
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Keep your spirits up! It is really hard to overcome any addiction but everyone here will be with you.
    Logging on here is the first step it means you have decided to do something. I think a support group is a good idea too but you can do it. Just need to really start believing it!
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    Sorry I didn't mean to sound like a downer-you can change what you crave, just have willpower and don't give in. Things are just different for everyone. I have to say though, I lived in Nebraska for the past two years (I moved away in May) and the winters were really tough when it came to eating healthy. You just have to say no, or take the time to fix a healthy alternative is all.
  • gramma12
    Options
    I agree with the post that says maybe seek some professional help, but just by opening up and saying all of that is the first step. You recognize the problems now it's time to start to work on them. Start fresh and in the mornings when you wake up give yourself a goal for the day and don't make it not achievable because that will only add to the negative side of things, make the goal somewhat easy and when you have accomplished it, it will give you a boost. Then everyday just push yourself a little further, these things take time, just know that you are a good person who deserves every bit of happiness that life has to offer. It is never too late to make those changes. I am 74 years old and my health is not so good. I have COPD and I am on oxygen alot. But I have lost 6 lbs. so far and I have found I don't need my oxygen as much, so I know health wise that I am making the right choices now. I wish you the best on your life style change.
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I agree professional help may be necessary, but that waits until 2012 when i have mony in my fsa. thanks for your post though you definately confirmed what i thought, i may be going slightly mad. OA may be a possibity, but I have two kids and no family support to help watch them so I can't get to meetings. I need to get back into reading the lit though. it is encouraging.
  • aprilcallon
    Options
    Logging on here and making friends who have been through or are going through the same things can be a huge help. There really are other people out there like you that can help you get through this rough time. I too am the heaviest I have ever been in my life (without being pregnant) and finally decided to do something about it. It's a long tough road but having people to support you helps, trust me!! Let us be your support system. You can friend me if you want.
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    I agree professional help may be necessary, but that waits until 2012 when i have mony in my fsa. thanks for your post though you definitely confirmed what i thought, i may be going slightly mad. OA may be a possibity, but I have two kids and no family support to help watch them so I can't get to meetings. I need to get back into reading the lit though. it is encouraging.

Cool. I by no means meant there is no hope on here. It can be helpful. We're all just different and losing weight, not eating properly and just the overall stress of all this is much harder on some people. I don't get very much support on here, but in life I do. LIke others have said, feel free to friend me as well. I can't post on everybody's stuff every day, but I try to support my friends.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The first step towards a better you is the hardest, now you have support to keep going one step at a time!