XBox 360 w/Kinect

Options
Anyone use this as a form of exercise? If so, what games do you recommend?

Replies

• gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I love my kinect b/c it doesn't even feel like working out.
    I love ZUMBA for kinect and I also have Dance Central, which I swear is a workout LOL, plus, it does have a workout setting instead of doing it as a game.
    I want to get some other fitness games, but that's the ones I have for now.
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do the Biggest Loser Workout for the Kinect. It will kick your butt, like doing a bootcamp!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser and thats quite a good all round workout, although I dont like seeing myself as a big green blob on the screen, reminds me too much of Shrek:laugh:
  • Anexandra
    Anexandra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of Kinect games, they are all moving games. I would recommended ZUMBA (but you are scored on how "well" you follow along - I get a little frustrated) or Men's/Women's Health has a workout program that's pretty good. But the yoga section is annoying - but maybe only because I can't hold the correct positions :)
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    So, does it actually work - I mean, no hiccups with following your body movement or anything like that?
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    The only problem I have is down to my own making, the xbox is in the kids playroom, converted in the loft, so the ceiling height is minimal and means I don't get a full range of motion sometimes, or if I forget, sore knuckles:laugh:
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    The only problem I have is down to my own making, the xbox is in the kids playroom, converted in the loft, so the ceiling height is minimal and means I don't get a full range of motion sometimes, or if I forget, sore knuckles:laugh:

Aww - those poor little knuckles - be kind to them :)
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Dance Central!

It's amazing how you can work up a sweat, and it's so much fun, usually an hour goes by before I really notice! I do have to make an effort to keep moving during the "down times" (choosing new songs), but once you get used to the game, it's quite easy to minimize those times where you aren't moving. Some songs are also more cardio heavy, so see what you like! Also, the instructions are fantastic, and the game really helps you learn the moves, as opposed to just putting music on and showing you the moves once or twice, like how I've heard Zumba for Kinect is.
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love my kinect.
    I have;
    The Biggest Loser - I find this is a really good workout and has lots of variety, so if you get bored of boxercise, you can try yoga etc
    Ultimate Fitness Instructor (UFC) - Not as fond of this one, I found it a bit dull, but it is a good muscle workout.
    Kinect Sports - brilliant fun and a lot of movement - again lots of chioces of things to do.
    Dance Central - great fun and a lot of movement.

I tried Zumba but I just don't have the co-ordination. :0(

One thing - I am lucky that I have a really large and light front rooms, so the kinect works brilliant for me, other folk sometimes seem to have problems with it.