How different do you eat on the weekends vs during the week?

Options
On the weekends I find it easier to eat better. So I end up eating alot, and still not going over 1200-1300 calories. Sometimes I struggle to eat 1000 calories on the weekend, by eating mostly fruit.

Replies

• Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm the polar opposite. I do GREAT during the week - despite the fact that I work from home and my office is 5 feet from the kitchen. I struggle on the weekends with BBQs, Friday night happy hours, festivals, etc. This weekend will be my first weekend on MFP, so hopefully having that little tool in my pocket will help.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    To me days blend into one another.

Probably because I don't go out to work and have the strict timetables that come with it.

Upside - Weekdays aren't as bad.
    Downside - Weekends aren't as good.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I actually tend to eat BETTER on the WEEKENDs than I do the weekDAYS UNLESS there is something going on that weekend or something.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am the complete opposite. I struggle on weekends becaues we always have something going on with friends or family. During the week I can preplan my breakfasts lunches and dinners so there is order and certainty in calorie intake.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm completely opposite. I love the structure I have with bringing my meals to work (office job). It's so much easier for me to stick to my meal plan when I'm at work because I bring my snacks and meals so I can't munch on other food unless someone brings it in.

I tend to do my binge eating and gym-avoidance on the weekends and it's usually the only time I ever go out to eat, so I find it really tough to eat healthy and within my goals. Seems like I'm always running around doing something so I don't sit down for a good lunch so I snack all day. I'm also horrible about logging on the weekends. I'm working on it, though!
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Yeah, most people totally blow it on the weekend. It takes a lot of self-discipline to stay true. I try to keep myself busy to avoid bored eating.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I eat well on the weekdays. Up to 1200 calories (Sedentary workweek). But on the weekends I eat like 2500 - 3000 calories/day. This is due to my caloric expenditure on the weekend! Dancing one day and mountain biking the other. Lots of calories burned and I'm happy because I get to eat good food. :)
  • JessieLU
    Options
    I usually go way over on calories on the weekend. Like 200 over maybe 300. I don't eat as much during the week because I'm so busy with work. I know that's still probably not a good thing but those are my habits. I was doing that throughout the beginning of the year when I was very serious about losing weight and I still managed to lose most of what I wanted. But now that I'm trying to lose more I need to do well on the weekends still....
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My cheat day is the weekend and I usually drink.. I'm pretty strict with my calories during the week though. I definitely eat better during the week (sun-Fri)
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I do about the same. In fact on the weekend I cook a lot of the food I will eat during the week.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    My weekdays are much more rigidly scheduled, which I find helps me control my eating patterns. The weekend? Not so much. It's a bit of a struggle. Plus I tend to eat out more on the weekends, which would be fine, except I tend to splurge a little more than I probably should.

Mental note: must skip the salad at olive garden, soup instead.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Generally, I eat worse and drink more on the weekends. Not necessarily unhealthy, but I usually eat more.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I eat horrible on the weekends. During the week is so easy for me.
  • britchick_jo
    Options
    I tend to do great during the week, almost constantly being under my goal. Come the weekend however, and I'm almost always over. I do try to tell myself it all balances out in the end. :)
    I think it's because I have a couple of beers on a weekend and my husband and I tend to eat out which pushes me over.
  • rllewell
    Options
    I do better Monday through Friday because I pack my breakfast and lunch so I am able to easily keep my eating plan. Sometimes we're running around on the weekends and a lunch or dinner out knock me off my eating plan.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I am pretty consistent with my eating, and eat the same on the weekends as I do on weekdays.
  • skinnyquinny84
    skinnyquinny84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm usually really good about the weekdays. Like a few of the other folks who replied, I have a good schedule and I bring my breakfast, lunch and snacks to work and then have a good dinner. Last weekend was the first weekend in about 2 months that I acutally ate the same as the weekdays. It's so hard to be at home with all of the tempting food!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    We don't keep junk food in our house, so that's not a temptation, but we are far more likely to go out to dinner on the weekends, where I don't have control over what goes in my food...or am not able to get nutritional info (although lately, we've been avoiding that). I'm also more likely to drink too many calories, which makes me more dehydrated, and shows false loss on the scale.

Oh, and I usually don't drink as much water as I do when I'm at work all day....
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Weekends are horrible for me. Like most others that have posted, I go out/don't exercise/eat bad things. It's a struggle to work through those issues.
  • Leigh_Larson
    Options
    I eat better during the week than on weekends. I do not go all out and blow my diet if I can avoid it. Sometimes a wedding or something will force you to eat what is provided, which may not be the healthiest. I am hurried a lot more on the weekends, so I am more apt to grab quick things or eat more at a time when I know I won't have time latter.