How do I cut down on the sugary drinks that I crave? Water gets boring

Options
Hello my name is Mia and I am 55 years old and want to lose 30 pounds. I am around 205 now but want to get to 185.

Answers

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water broke the habit for me
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    U got this
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Flavored sparkling water. I like the La Croix brand (no calories, no sweeteners, no sodium).
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I LOVE sparkling water as well! La Croix is my favorite, but I'll drink others in a pinch.
  • maddieanderla
    maddieanderla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love sparkling water but it still feels bland to me - if you can get your hands on it, Crystal Light Zero Calories is a good add. I like to pack one of those in my lunch for work or if I get really bored with water. Also a fun waterbottle helps! <3
  • sagewoll
    sagewoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to add drink mixes to my water. Current obsession is great value strawberry mango but they have lots of flavors in caffeinated and decaf.
  • dilavies
    dilavies Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We had this problem in our home too. Fresh lemon or lime squeezed into our drinking water did the trick. No more sugary drinks and we are now very happy drinking our healthy water!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Iced tea is my favorite "water" drink. I make a pitcher of tea using 3 Luzianne family size teabags and 2 Luzianne "sweetened with Stevia" family size teabags. The tea is extra quenching in the summer Houston heat.
  • Giterdunn1965
    Giterdunn1965 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use True Lemon packets, I just need to be careful because too much citric acid is bad for the teeth (so they tell me).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    I like sparkling water, but usually buy it plain (usually LaCroix). Then I mix it with matcha, put in a citrus slice, or add a few drops of bitters (the kind people use to make cocktails). The bitters come in lots of flavors, not just "bitter". A whole bottle looks pricey, but since a person only needs a few drops, the cost per serving is quite reasonable. I like grapefruit bitters especially much recently.

I'm not sure how helpful that is, though: I lean that way because I've never been a huge fan of sweet beverages, especially ones I drink with a meal. That light flavor of sparkling water plus bitters suits my tastes, flavor without lots of sweetness.
  • Avia16
    Avia16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I put protein powder in my water.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    You could swap to artificially sweetened drinks.

I do that - drink plenty of plain water too but with dinner have a no sugar soft drink