Re-focusing

Options
I am a 43 yo married mom of four. I have an older daughter (22), 4 yo twins and a 13 month old. With my four year old twins, I was diagnosed with late onset gestational diabetes. With my last child, I was diagnosed with early onset GD. As a result, I am high risk to develop Type 2 Diabetes in the next 5 years. I have lost all the baby weight plus 13 pounds but need to lose another 15 - 20 to reduce my diabetes risk but my goal is more about 30 for other reasons. I have hit a plateau so I am looking for help getting me over this hump. Yesterday I began an alcohol free month to help jump start this again. I like this site because it is helping me get my focus back.

Replies

• nadusha66
    Options
    Hi there! I am new to this site as well. While I was never officially diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I came really close with my second pregnancy. Alcohol free month sounds like a fabulous idea! It would be great if we could support each other through this journey towards a healthier life style!
  • fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I love this site too, as far as I am concerned, I will probably be on here the rest of my life~lol
  • RMaureenB
    Options
    Absolutely, definitely could use support and always willing to give it. :smile: