what's better for breakfast - a bowl of special k or an oran

Options
I'm wondering which breakfast option would be more conducive to weight loss. On the one hand, Special K promises to be healthy, but I'm worried it's just empty carbs. I don't have a kitchen so it would be inconvenient for me to prepare a more balanced meal than either of the two options.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• icarus
    icarus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering which breakfast option would be more conducive to weight loss. On the one hand, Special K promises to be healthy, but I'm worried it's just empty carbs. I don't have a kitchen so it would be inconvenient for me to prepare a more balanced meal than either of the two options.

Any thoughts?
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    I usually try to get balance in my diet. Try special K one morning, then an orange the next. Variety is healthier.
  • emartire
    Options
    Are not jus "empy carbs". 30 Gr of special k with a cup of milk give you aound 50% of the vitamins and minerals you should take in all day.
    I take it every morning. In my case is the only meal that is always the same. I only change every day the other 4 or 5 meals.
    Works for me. :-)
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I find that a quick and healthy breakfast is instant oatmeal packages. One only needs to have hot water.
    Oatmeal is very good for people because it provides slow to break down carbs helps to keep cholestoral low.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    An orange has more fiber......fiber keeps your blood sugar regular and takes longer to digest. However it's less calories than special K. I find cereals like special K have too much sugar for ME and it triggers ME to be hungry for simple sugars the rest of the day, but everybody has a different sugar threshold.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    hmmm, my answer is "YES"

or in other words, have em both, or cut each in half, and eat em. They offer enough diversity in nutrition that I would suggest both would be a part of a balanced breakfast. Wow, did I say that? I just had a thought of me 8 months ago. I wouldn't even have thought of this. Man have I changed my eating habits! :happy:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    hmmm, my answer is "YES"

or in other words, have em both, or cut each in half, and eat em. They offer enough diversity in nutrition that I would suggest both would be a part of a balanced breakfast. Wow, did I say that? I just had a thought of me 8 months ago. I wouldn't even have thought of this. Man have I changed my eating habits! :happy:

Oh my gosh, me preaching about knowing basic nutrition and I missed it....That is the most wonderful advice.....wow a balanced diet ..... fruit, starch, milk with protein....who would have thought?:flowerforyou: