Hey y’all…let chat!

Options
Hey y’all! I am a middle aged, single woman with hormone issues galore lol. I am embarking on a journey with Mounjaro to help lower by blood sugar levels (due to PCOS and type 2 diabetes). I’d love all the support, accountability and community possible. This is a struggle, let’s do it together?

Replies

• lauren_1388
    lauren_1388 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! You got this!
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    U got this. Fell free to add
  • GettingCut70
    GettingCut70 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just remember it is a marathon and not a sprint.
  • phyth
    phyth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Support and community help so much, feel free to add. Best of luck on your journey, you got this!
  • mad1663
    mad1663 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on my second month of Mounjaro, and I am thankful everyday that I made that call. I cried on the consultation call with my Dr. because I was ashamed of thinking I was resorting to another "fad". Little did I know that the benefits for me would go way further than weight loss. Cholesterol, thyroid reset, inflammation, emotional balance....I am feeling better than I have in years. I'll journey with you. :-)
  • PinUpDreamer926
    PinUpDreamer926 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!
    30-something here! PCOS, recently diagnosed with Fatty Liver, and my a1c is all over the place! I pick up my Mounjaro today and get my first dose Friday! And I tell you I'm going throw the emotional spectrum!

1 I'm excited: insurance covered it without a fight. and because I don't want to be this heavy anymore. I don't want to have freaking liver problems, and leg problems, and everything else.
    2. I'm scared: I don't want to be on shots for the rest of my life. I hate injections, they make me nervous. a lot of people say that they have a hard time keeping down certain foods and they throw up a lot. I hate throwing up.
    3. I'm mad: that i let it get this far, that i have enough issues that insurance approved this without a fight. that I've worried about other things and people for so long that I neglected myself.
    4. I'm embarrassed because I feel like I've failed at losing weight with dieting. I know I can because I have but I almost always seem to get lazy when I stop seeing results and gain it all back.

I'm totally here to journey with you!
  • mad1663
    mad1663 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 3
    Options
    Hi! How have you been doing so far? I have been on Tirz for almost 12 weeks. For nausea or dizziness try motion sickness pills. My Mochi Dr gave me that little nugget of info. The shots are TINY, and I do them in the fatty part of my thigh and never feel it.

How else can I help you? :)