Hi I’m Angel 💋

Options
So I’ve never been happy with my body, but at the tender age of 30 and after 3 children, my insecurities peaked postpartum. I started my weight loss back in September 2023 on this app and logged in at 270 pounds. Then I fell off. Went to the dr April 14 and weighed in at 249 so a little lighter, still not satisfied obviously. Just went back and weighed in at 217!! Shocked because I can’t tell, discouraged because no one else has! My question is at 217 and 5’7 how many calories should I intake a day/ intermittent fasting 18/6?

Replies

• angelmariehead888
    angelmariehead888 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Before/now
    78d3t625tcln.png
    n1qwk1ofz2dj8.png
  • caylapal888
    caylapal888 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So I’ve never been happy with my body, but at the tender age of 30 and after 3 children, my insecurities peaked postpartum. I started my weight loss back in September 2023 on this app and logged in at 270 pounds. Then I fell off. Went to the dr April 14 and weighed in at 249 so a little lighter, still not satisfied obviously. Just went back and weighed in at 217!! Shocked because I can’t tell, discouraged because no one else has! My question is at 217 and 5’7 how many calories should I intake a day/ intermittent fasting 18/6?

How active are you?
  • capgordon3040
    capgordon3040 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hope u find ur way .stay consistent I struggle with it
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 845 Member
    edited June 5
    Options
    Hi Angel,

Weight loss is simple, but not easy. You’ll hear this from time to time here, and it will make more sense as you go. Let me tell you the simple part first.

1. Set up your goals to lose 1-2 lbs a week under settings. MFP will give you the amount of calories you need to eat a day.

2. Count the calories and log every single thing you consume with calories in your food diary. The best way to be accurate with logging is with a food scale. It’s the only way to be as precise as possible. Without it your deficit could be off between 250-500 calories.

3. Track your weight daily in the morning at the same time. Due to normal human fluctuations, and this is an important part, use a weight trending app like Happy Scale or Libra to watch the weigh trend. This is how you can see past hormonal water weight gain, a day high in sodium, and a myriad of other reasons.

That’s it! Do this and you’ll reach your goal.

Easy right? Well, I wish. We are human after all, and we tend to negotiate with ourselves and make excuses for why we should skip a day or two, not count certain foods like salads, cooking oil, beverages, and for this reason you don’t see results. CONSISTENCY is the name of the game, and if you know it’s a long game with exciting milestones a long the way, don’t trip yourself up with excuses, and are weighing and logging everything, you will absolutely reach your goal.

The time is going to pass either way, why not put in the effort in becoming a healthier happier version of yourself?

Good luck!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the problem is. You've lost 53 pounds in nine months, or about a pound and a half a week, which seems like a fast but not overly aggressive at your start and current weights. Can't you just keep doing what you've been doing?

Shorter answer: whatever your current calorie consumption is appears to be just right for the moment. If you lose another 30 pounds at your current rate, you might want to eat a little more.