Carnivore diet: Losing weight only on days off. Why?

Options
aimee_belle
aimee_belle Posts: 2 Member
edited June 4 in Health and Weight Loss
I have lost nearly 4 stone in 4 months.

But I have noticed a pattern and I want to break it.

I seem to only lose weight when I’m less active. I work in a school so just had a week off. I was losing almost a pound a day during that break. I noticed before this I was starting to only lose weight on the weekends.

My job is physical I am on my feet all day. And I walk to and from work.

When I am off work. I obviously move less and the pounds melt away.

I count my calories to ensure I am eating enough.

Why is this? I can’t work out. If I need to eat more on more active days because I’m burning more. Or if I should just eat like I normally would?

I’ve tried eating the same or eating the exercise calories and the scales don’t budge.

This is confusing for me because it goes against everything I’ve ever known.

Eat less, move more?

It’s getting to the point I’m actually trying to lessen how much I move in order to lose weight.

What I eat and drink during work days is the same as I eat on days off. I eat the same thing everyday by choice.

So why does it work on less active days than it does physical.

This is frying my brain just even typing it because I sound like a crazy lady.

Answers

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    When you workout, you retain more water for repair and also to refuel your cells with glycogen. It's a common thing that's why weight loss ISN'T linear even if your calories are on point.

Patience. Continue with regimen till you reach your goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    As long as you're losing, why try to change it? You're obviously doing something right.
  • VHair2024
    VHair2024 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weight loss needs to be looked at averaged out over a long period of time to take account of daily activity, cal intake, stress etc. You didn’t gain it all consistently and so you won’t lose it consistently
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,632 Member
    Options
    It could be a coincidence of timing.

Losing a pound ~per day~ is not sustainable under any measure. Weight loss (fat loss) is never linear. It will stall and then go whoosh. It will appear to reverse itself sometimes. Look at the long term results for a clearer picture. Make sure to revisit your goals from time to time; as you lose weight, you need fewer calories because it takes less energy to move yourself around.

Physical activity is good for our bodies and our mental health. Don't quit! Just make sure you're looking at things through the right lens.
  • tomi1000
    tomi1000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have a stressful job? Stress raises cortisol and cortisol puts the breaks to fat metabolism. If so - try doing to some anxiety/stress relieving practices throughout the workday to calm the central nervous system.

If stress is not an issue - then I agree with the others who say it could be just the added activity and water retention. Try to be at peace with the slower weight loss, cuz progress is progress!!!
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    look at longer term results. Daily fluctuations are from water