Cold Fighting Tips

Options
I woke up this morning with a tickle in my throat. I feel a cold coming on. I am taking cold-eeze & drinking lots of green tea. Anyone have any good tips to help dodge a cold :huh:

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Vitamin C and sweat. Seriously, get in a good cardio workout; it always makes me feel better.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    cassia oil infused somehow in the room - like on a tissue draped on top of the garbage can or spritzed in the air.

acts as an anti-bacterial of sorts for the room and smells a bit like cinnamon. good for the colder months.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Okso here is the trick all the nurses including myself use. 2 Vit C 500mg, 1 zinc sulfate, 1 multivitamin with minerals and 2 claritin.
    Take it before going to sleep with a glass of Cranberry juice. You should sleep better than you ever had in your life and feel a million times better in the morning. Hope it helps
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump - saving this for later - Unfortunately, I just might need it!
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I take the airbourne twice a day when i start to feel sick...it works like a charm!! perfect for me because i work with kids!! i definitely recommend it! it is just a tablet that dissolves in water and is jam packed with vitamins!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Right when you feel the tickle and not any later, take one zinc tablet. You can find them by the vitamin area. Take with a lot of food. Sometimes I take one the next day too. Most of the time the cold doesn't happen. You just have to do it right away. It helps with your immune system.
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I work with polish ladies that swear by eating garlic and drinking lemon tea.

Have no idea why it would work
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Rest in bed, drink plenty of water, take vitamin c, and find a Nana who will make you homemade chicken broth.