Reached goal weight and fit into those shorts!

Options
ccano
ccano Posts: 149 Member
Ok, so wow...it didn't take me long to reach my goal weight. I'm actually under it now. And today I tried on a pair of shorts I've been holding onto for about 3 years. They FINALLY fit again, albeit they are a little snug. Still, I can put them on, zip them up, and button them. WOW. I'm excited!!!! Now it's time for the part that's going to be hardest for me - toning. I am "skinny" but I also just kind of look flabby in the butt, thighs, and tummy. SO...any tips on maintaining/toning? How much cardio should I continue to do?

Replies

• ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ok, so wow...it didn't take me long to reach my goal weight. I'm actually under it now. And today I tried on a pair of shorts I've been holding onto for about 3 years. They FINALLY fit again, albeit they are a little snug. Still, I can put them on, zip them up, and button them. WOW. I'm excited!!!! Now it's time for the part that's going to be hardest for me - toning. I am "skinny" but I also just kind of look flabby in the butt, thighs, and tummy. SO...any tips on maintaining/toning? How much cardio should I continue to do?
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    yay! skinny shorts! good for you! :smokin:

no advice on maintaining.... still loosing here! :tongue:
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Cardio exercise is always good...but to tone up I would suggest some weight lifting/training. I know, women freak out and are afraid to bulk up, but as long as we do lower weights with high reps we should be fine. So you could do a full body strength training three times a week and cardio on days off. Just a suggestion. That's what I've been doing for four months and have seen some great results! Good Luck!
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hey, im pretty much in the same boat, im happy with my weight but 5 pounds would be good, its important for toning to do weight exercises, and you wont get bulky, muscle is a good thing, also keep up the cardio.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congrats on gettin back into those shorts!! Bet it feels awesome!!!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    How Awesome! That's a big deal! Nothing feels better than fitting into clothes you haven't worn in awhile!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    that's excellent! aren't you glad you saved those shorts! congrats :drinker:
  • highlighters
    Options
    Congratulations! :smile:
  • rach12
    rach12 Posts: 15
    Options
    :glasses:
    cool i am down to 115!
    my goal is 90 lbs
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    :glasses:
    cool i am down to 115!
    my goal is 90 lbs

Why would you want to only be 90 pounds 115 is a good weight...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!