Does anyone have any tips on how to eat more calories

Options
My daily calorie goal is like 2700 calories per day and by lunchtime I’ve only had 600 calories. Does anyone have any advice on how to eat more calories during the day or add more calories to my meals

Answers

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    I will probably get yelled at for less healthy habits but the truth is that health starts from an appropriate number of calories.

You can then add or subtract more or less healthy stuff; but if you don't get the Caloric balance right as the base of your pyramid then things will not work out

Most people who are trying to lose weight end up trying to moderate or remove from their daily lives things like potato chips, Cheetos, breakfast muffins, croissants, turnovers, donuts, desserts, cakes, cookies, crackers, high calorie snacks, ice creams, high calorie sauces, dressings, dips, cheese with it without wine, whipped cream, cream, cream and sugar combinations, chocolate bars, pasta or noodles, french fries, deep fried appetizers, pies both savory and sweet, burgers, pizzas, full sugar pop, takeout food such as curries with naan, garlic bread....

Why are they trying to moderate them when trying to maintain or lose weight?

Because ultra tasty ultra processed foods are not the greatest Caloric bargain and are often hard to moderate because they're tasty!

With a 600 Cal total breakfast and lunch combo I'm willing to bet you haven't been hitting your neighborhood fast food joints, restaurants, or bakeries... or even the "appropriate" aisles in the grocery store!

Doing 2700 Cal a carrot at a time will be a hard slog.... and that's coming from someone who will eat a 750g bag of them in a day like yesterday. Plus another 1100Cal or so from an easy couple of 100g Cadbury chocolate bars... unless I really try not to! 🤯
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    Avocados. Add them to everything. Eat them for snacks.

Nut butters. Peanut. Almond. Cashew. Sunflower. Spread on apples or crackers.

Cheese.

Pasta or rice noodles with Asian-inspired peanut sauce that includes some nutritional yeast and brie cheese and avocado slices on top and garnished with roasted peanuts. Best of all worlds.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    What are you goals and what is your height and weight.