Cleansing

Options
Has anyone tried juicing or "cleansing"? What were your results? I'm thinking about doing it.

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, but never been able to go the full duration. I really liked it though! I felt so much better afterward.
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't try it - you're effectively starving yourself.
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    >>Bump<<
  • sugarbunnie
    Options
    If you haven't done it before, you should embark upon your first juice cleanse or juice fast with the help of a coach or nutritionist.
    There are also some great kits sold at health food stores that will offer information, guidance, and herbal support to help guide you and your body through the process.

Know what your goals are (what are you hoping to achieve from the fast/cleanse), so you can tailor the cleanse to meet those needs. Different juices or plans are designed to do different things to/for your body.

If it's simply for weight loss, know that your body will put back every pound quickly (and often a few extra) unless you plan and stick to a very carefully outlined post-cleanse diet for a month or so after. If you resort to "old habits" post-cleanse the weight will come back that much faster.

I love fasting and cleansing, and do it often. But always with a clear purpose in mind of what it is I am looking to achieve.
    There are some great books out on the subject that can help you too.

My favorite cleanse is the Master Cleanse, an oldy but a goody - I did 40 days on that and it was awesome.
    Juice fasting I do usually once a month or so, just for a day or two. Every change of seasons I like a nice 3-5 day juice fast.
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Don't know if anyone watches Modern Family but last nights episode dealt with cleansing. Wasn't pretty lol
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I did 3+ weeks of a natural cleanse and feel a ton better for having done it.

simple guidelines.

first 2 weeks:
    you may eat all the veggies you want, except for high starchy veggies (beans), veggies that are really fruits (tomatoes) and veggies that are really grains (corn). with those exceptions in mind, you can eat them raw, in salads, stir fried, steamed, grilled, cooked from a frozen bag (although the other methods are preferable).

you should eat a tablespoon or two of EVOO everyday. you can use it as salad dressing or in stir fry.

when you make stir fry, you can use reduced sodium soy sauce and some flavoring that approximates the carb/sodium/calorie values of kikkoman's reduced sodium stir fry sauce or hoisin sauce (these are the 2 sauces I interchanged, preferring the stir fry sauce).

you drink only water. plain water. drink water throughout the day.

second 2 weeks:

add 8 ounces of skinless, grilled chicken breast each day.

otherwise, see above.

** no pills, potions or other forms of supplements. this is an all natural cleanse and it works.