AYCE Sushi resturant...

Options
Well me and my good friend make a regular habit of going for AYCE sushi, Any recomendations of what Items are best for calories? I usally eat the following but when i logged it it was like 2k calories.. and my limit is 2400

10 Salmon Sashimi
2 Salmon Sushi Pizzas
1 beef terayki
1 futo maki
1 dynamite maki
1 green Salad
sometimes i ad a few other things but its all so very high it seems in calorie count. it looks as if i am basically going to just have to stop going out for food period which cannot hurt but it was a nice social outing with friends.

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    do u need to eat all that food? When I go get sushi I only get 1 or 2 rolls.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    salmon sushi pizza? WTH?
  • theraylene
    theraylene Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    California rolls and rolls with just veggies/rice/fish are lower in calories. Stay away from the tempura stuff. Soup helps.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Just reduce how much you eat, then you can still go out with friends.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    AYCE sushi is the devil - but I LOVE it! Love suhsi pizza!!!!

To be honest, AYCE sushi is the reward my GF and I give ourselves when we've lost a lot of weight :P It's amazing how much less we eat when we go now.
  • morisato
    morisato Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    well i Don;t doubt its to much but i am a 380 lb man whos been this way for years and just trying to change that now before i am a 380 lb corpse.. perhaps i will get a bento box or something with a set meal size in future thus preventing me from feeling the need to get the value for my food.
  • theraylene
    theraylene Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "Value for my food" Try re-framing that one, friend.
    (It's taken me a long long long time to realize that statement is dangerous)

The value is in the enjoyment--not the amount.......

That, and I'm still learning to leave food on the plate. *sigh*
  • morisato
    Options
    I am by nature a very Penny pinching person if my meal is 22 dollars i want my 22 dollars of food is my mindset, So thats why i may just get a 12 dollar bento box. next time be strange but gotta do it.
  • FitMissVicky
    FitMissVicky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think you need to think more about value for the calories you're taking in, not so much that you are eating your money's worth. So if I got out to lunch, I try to aim for the calories I have allotted while maximizing my enjoyment. I try to make filling and healthy choices. So I skip the tempura and gyoza and opt for soup or edamame and my favourite rolls or sashimi. Bento box is a good idea because then you can control your portions.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My favorite rolls include:

Volcano Rolls
    Spider Rolls
    Mexican Rolls
    California Tempura
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Sushi pizza? What on earth is that!!!!

And I'm puzzled at this "getting value" thing - is it a set price for whatever you can eat? Here in the UK, any sushi restaurant I've been to you choose the rolls or whatever you want, and pay for them by the piece. Eat less = pay less.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    I feel so stupid now - I googled AYCE thinking it was a chain.....
  • morisato
    Options
    well melanie Your Little blunder just brightened my day, its been a strangely rough day for me, not food wise i just feel down and i got a good laugh out of that so thanks

Oh and sushi Pizza is a rice cake Deep fried with Some sort of fish on type Typically Salmon with some FIsh Roe and Usally at my place a spicy orange sauce Cut into 6 small slices. its quite Yummy!
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Well I'm glad I made you smile :smile:

Sushi is lovely, and with the right choices can be a delicious and healthy meal - but you have to make those choices!