Hello Everyone!!

Options
Hello,

I'm new. I teach school and have a three year old. I'm wanting to lose weight to be healthy and before I have another baby. I just found out I have a partial tear in my ACL so working out will be challenging. Any suggestions on things to do that will not impact my knee would be greatly appreciated. I go to the doctor next week to see what course of action I'll have to take. I'm looking to change my eating habits also!! Thanks for helping out!

Replies

• mpotts18
    mpotts18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new. I teach school and have a three year old. I'm wanting to lose weight to be healthy and before I have another baby. I just found out I have a partial tear in my ACL so working out will be challenging. Any suggestions on things to do that will not impact my knee would be greatly appreciated. I go to the doctor next week to see what course of action I'll have to take. I'm looking to change my eating habits also!! Thanks for helping out!
  • rwinston
    rwinston Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome! With a partial tear in ACL, I would recommend floor pilates. You can focus on exercises that work your core muscles and avoid anything harmful to your knee. As for cardio, that's tough. Maybe some swimming or water exercises. Other people on the site probably have more creative ideas.

Best of luck!
    -Roberta
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: