Where Did the News Feed Go?

Options
sunnyhillsmaui
sunnyhillsmaui Posts: 2 Member
edited June 11 in Getting Started
where did the new speed go?

There is no longer a new speed link at the bottom of my MyFitnessPal interface.

I removed the app and re-downloaded it twice.

The new link disappeared yesterday and I’ve looked everywhere to find where it has been moved to with no success.

What is going on?

I’ve used this app for more than seven years, and I consider for the newsfeed to be important

Please help.

Answers

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal is removing the Newfeed.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, the newsfeed is still there if you login on a computer. It might possibly work if you login on a browser on your phone as well, but I haven't tried it.

I also agree with others...dumb decision!
  • roots47
    roots47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add my objection for what it’s worth. Myself and my friend use the newsfeed almost as motivation, as we can see when the other has done a workout. We are now exploring other apps. It’s a shame because we have been on MyfitnessPal for years.

Hopefully they take note of all the feedback and reconsider.
  • Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Options
    Head on over to the Loseit app with your friends...they have a newsfeed. Takes a bit to get accustomed with the app but at least you have your friends and the newsfeed
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    li9v221fp6iw.jpeg

Just tagged my subscription to expire. I enjoyed having the friends and seeing their progress and sharing mine as well. 5 years I guess it is… #😞

• mrrick51
    mrrick51 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was going nuts looking for the news feed. I use it to record my daily sleep, misc health items, how I feel and weight. I can look back to see patterns etc. I also look at others to see potential friends. This is very important to bring it back![
  • Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Options
    mrrick51 wrote: »
    I was going nuts looking for the news feed. I use it to record my daily sleep, misc health items, how I feel and weight. I can look back to see patterns etc. I also look at others to see potential friends. This is very important to bring it back![

They newsfeed is bye bye bye!!! MFP is Now MF...no PALS!! A bunch of us left mfp and went to Loseit.
  • ollielove1
    ollielove1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Removing the newsfeed is a mistake! This is one of the things I looked forward to checking each day and rooting on my fellow MFP friends.
  • CaroWalks
    CaroWalks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Retiring the Newsfeed feature - SO DISAPPOINTING

The myfitnesspal spin doctors say "We are always evaluating our offerings to improve our members’ experience on the MyFitnessPal app. The Newsfeed is a RARELY USED feature. Therefore, we have removed it ...".

I have used the MFP App on the website and via iOS, in combination with Fitbit, for 7 years 8 months. In 2016-2017, over a period of 14 months, I went from 87kg (192 pounds) to 58.3kg (128.5 pounds) and increased my overall fitness and wellbeing considerably. Since achieving my goal, I have used MFP + Fitbit to monitor my diet and exercise in a self-imposed maintenance program, knowing that at my age (79) metabolism slows and the weight goes ON more easily. I had a short break from using it, and re-joined. My current streak is 1,575 days.

Contrary to MFP's "reason" I have used the Newsfeed EVERY DAY for the entire period and found it MOTIVATING. I have a "community" in real life, and, as a high self-reinforcer, have not felt the need for an online/virtual cheer squad to spur me on. I am casting about for an alternative to MFP to track food and exercise and monitor my weight. PLEASE REINSTATE the Newsfeed feature, and thank you for reading this.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Many people who particularly prized the newsfeed switched to competing apps. I'm in the middle of doing so. The most compelling so far has been mynetdiary personally, for its more robust social features. I will never join general mass social media like Instagram so that's about as good as it gets for me.

Feel free to try it out, if you do, add me-

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/friendinvitations/144364?token=a2e1a789-abd3-40e8-b992-f0559796fc2a
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited June 14
    Options
    Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! @mrmota70

You’re one of my inspirations!!!! 😭
  • ash_mcloone
    ash_mcloone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Was wondernig why I hadnt heard from friends on MFP then i go and check newsfeed, on both mobile and on pc, its GONE, wtf MYP!
  • Lipsia
    Lipsia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What a ridiculous decision! I loved seeing when my pals were regularly logging in or their weight loss that week or whatever. There's literally no point connecting with friends on there now.
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Totally speechless... I enjoyed the NewsFeed as it provided updates on my friends, I don't want a whole community or to have to create a group and invite all my friends. Is there a 'bring it back' request logged with MFP?