negative changes to myfitnesspal

Options
evilokc
evilokc Posts: 262 Member
I have logged in every day for the last 8-ish years. I have a 2664 day count. that's a lot of days in a row. yesterday I wasn't able to log my workout because my ability to "post" was gone. I understand its a free app and they are changing things to push us to pay for the premium but its useless to me if i cant post. has everyone lost the ability to post workouts?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,333 Member
    Options
    If by 'posting workouts' you mean posting on the newsfeed: the newsfeed functionality is in the process of being removed, for free and premium members alike.

You should still be able to add workouts to your diary.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    evilokc wrote: »
    I have logged in every day for the last 8-ish years. I have a 2664 day count. that's a lot of days in a row. yesterday I wasn't able to log my workout because my ability to "post" was gone. I understand its a free app and they are changing things to push us to pay for the premium but its useless to me if i cant post. has everyone lost the ability to post workouts?
    I've ran a workout and daily checkin thread since I started here. You're more than welcome to join.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/331789/tlfc-exercise-and-accountability-support/p1

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i do mean the news thread type posts. ive used this app because it was good and free. if it gets to a point that i have to pay for one i think i can probably find a better one. im going to miss my day count through. so many years of work logged here.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    i do mean the news thread type posts. ive used this app because it was good and free. if it gets to a point that i have to pay for one i think i can probably find a better one. im going to miss my day count through. so many years of work logged here.

Paying for premium service will not bring back your ability to have a news feed. That ended this month. Save your money if you don't want the benefits of premium. Keep logging. The tools here are great. If you're looking for connection, the community is still available. Find a group that works for you and share over there. Lots of folks are creating new groups as a response to losing their feed.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options

Day count for logins is still there.

In MFP phone/tablet app (Android in my case, would guess Apple/iOS is similar):

vttq3cjc219b.png

In web browser MFP:

uobmcgc64vbr.jpg

The news feed is gone. Even though I don't personally care (didn't pay much attention to it), I think it's a poor decision on MFP's part to eliminate it without a reasonable replacement. But the login days count isn't gone.