Plus sized business clothes?

Options
I need help. I work from home so I rarely have to see anyone business wise, but I have 2 business trips coming up and I need to figure out what to wear. My size keeps changing so I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes, but the people I am seeing like to wear super designer clothes. I am around a size 20-22 at the moment. Any suggestions on what to wear or where to shop?

Replies

• heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Go to www.maurices.com, www.torrid.com, they have cute plus size clothing that isn't mawmaw looking LOL...that's where I buy my work clothes from...
  • samanthabrynn
    Options
    I LOVE Lane Bryant but they are a little pricey.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind lightly used, I have a few business suites that are beautiful that I can sell you.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I am a size 10 now so I am selling them cause they are too big
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant, Lane Bryant, Lane Bryant... Maurices has super cute clothes, but as a business person myself, I find that they're not really always... er, grown up enough...
  • joselyntedrow
    Options
    You can also check out upscale resale shops. I found a brand new suit (Jacket, pants, & skirt) from Nordstroms for $40. Resale shops can be hit & miss, but sometimes you find really great deals! Just google resale stores & the area you live in. Good luck!:wink:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Fashion Bug is the first place that comes to mind, but I haven't been to one in forever.

For cheap, nice clothes my go-to stores are: Burlington Coat Factory, TJMaxx, Marshall's and Ross.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I hit Cato's clearance rack all the time for my business wear. I've gotten skirts for $3.99 and suit jackets for $7.99 before.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    try to find a consignment shop in your area. You never know what you might be able to put together. :)
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    torrid, lane bryant, dots, JCPenny (they've stepped up their womens department), or Sears
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    I love my Jones suits!!!

*Should have added... There are a few on eBay!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    JCPenney
  • robynw28
    Options
    Torrid has trendy clothes. Macys.com has great selections for business attire. And of course Lane Bryant. Forever21 has plus online and they're pretty cheap.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    JCPenney

I second JCPenney and have also found some good things at Macys. Kohls has a plus sized department as well and they always have coupons!

Edited to add, Old Navy also has a plus sized section online only. You may be able to find a few pieces you can put together to make a business type outfit.

Good luck in your search for new clothes!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Any department stores. They are cheaper than specialty shops.
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This is the hardest thing to find. Can't a girl get a nice suit set that isn't either busting at the seams or dragging on the floor??

That being said, I buy from big dept stores a lot- Macy's, Penny's, etc. And Dots, but that's always hit or miss (except their shoes are killer for the price!) Good luck!
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I check Macy's a lot, sometimes you can get really good deals on suits or seperates on their clearance racks

Dress Barn (more than dresses) sometimes has cute stuff too and JCPenney