New to this community

Options
I’m 17 years post op GB. I had my surgery in 2007 and went from 332 to 185 then I started gaining weight back. In 2012 I went for a CT scan which required me to have to drink the contrast and they saw it going 2 places. I had developed a gastro-gastric fistula which is very uncommon. That explains the weight gain. I went in for an endoscopy in which the doctor roughed up the edges of the fistula to make it heal back together. Still experiencing weight gain. In 2021 I had to have another CT with me drinking the contrast and guess what? The fistula was still there. I’ve had several endoscopic procedures and the doctor (a different one) tried twice to close it which didn’t work so I gave up on ever losing the weight. So basically I have 2 stomachs and a failed GB. A month ago I found out I have to have a right hip replacement and I’m double high risk because of my weight as well as malabsorption because of my GB. I’m on extra extra vitamins to build up my D3 and K and I’m determined to lose 35 lbs before the surgery which is Oct 30 unless I get a call earlier. Any suggestions on healthy foods to eat? I’ve been using the app as a go by but because I’m not eating a lot ( I’m pretty sure my pouch has shrunk) and am not getting all my daily calories in and I believe my body is in starvation mode

Answers

• shawnnault
    shawnnault Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was working with a nutritionist and my doctor. There are nutritionist who specialize in supporting people post GB.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    If you’re in the UsA, you want a dietician. They are degreed professionals.

Anyone here can call themselves a “nutritionist”- you, me, the guy selling Amway, the counter clerk at the gym selling supplements…..