MFP WINE CLUB 🍷 21+

Options
AdahPotatah2024
AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,348 Member
edited June 8 in Chit-Chat
Does anyone else have serious, long term relationships with winemakers?
I remember mostly drinking Smoking Loon Cabernet Sauvignan in my 20s, and then moved on to Our Daily Red Organic wines.
Left them for a really good Austrian wine Meinklang Burgenland Red. It became difficult to find and so went back to Our Daily Wines.
Now, these are becoming difficult to find as the few stores that sell it here are always out.
Decided to finally try a Josh Cellars Cabernet tonight after watching Jimmy Kimmel seemingly enjoying it on Club Random podcast. It's not bad!

What wines do you recommend???

Replies

• Moijo02022
    Moijo02022 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Now this is gonna be a good thread… are we drinking it while discussing it? 😁
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    It's not required to join, but I am!:D πŸ·πŸ’•
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    I love Josh wines. They have a really good rose.

Our go to for a cheap weekday wine is a Spanish one....Castillo de Almansa....partly cause it's screw top
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Drinking the Josh Cellars Rose 🍷🌹
    This might be a summer romance!;D
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Drinking the Josh Cellars Rose 🍷🌹
    This might be a summer romance!;D

It's so good isn't it??!! I have some in the wine fridge. I'm tempted to open it. It is my birthday eve after all
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited June 16
    Options
    My long term relationship with wine maker and recommendation :

A fav is Chateau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac - a good friend has worked there for years and lots of memories sipping in that vineyard and shipping wine home.

Always have a few bottles in the house 🍷.. smooth, biodynamic -dry red Bordeaux.

All Bordeaux I’ve had from the Pauillac area has been great actually.

A wine map of Pauillac below…(most of the chateaus below have bottles avail online.) cheers ! πŸ˜‰

hlb6eq5drhts.jpeg
  • asmokegars1
    asmokegars1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A few great wines I have had - All Pinot Noir from either the Russian River Valley or the Wilamette Valley - William Sellyms, Paul Hobbs, Enroute and a new one - Summer Dreams Stargazing.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    @Alinouveau2 I have another bottle of the Josh Cellars for this weekend. I like that it is easy to find and a really good price.(just $12 here!)
    Hope you had a good birthday! πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³

I'm going to look out for wines in the above posts, too!